The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
"But, whatever the reason, the upshot is that, if you are found guilty of a white-collar crime in the US, they throw away the key."

If only it was like that here

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Acting US Attorney of the Eastern District of New York, Kelly Currie, said: "Today's announcement should send a message that enough is enough. After decades of what the indictment alleges to be brazen corruption, organised international soccer needs a new start - a new chance for its governing institutions to provide honest oversight and support of a sport that is beloved across the world, increasingly so here in the United States.

"Let me be clear: this indictment is not the final chapter in our investigation."

I hope Blatter actually worried for once

Stephenite

Membå
"But, whatever the reason, the upshot is that, if you are found guilty of a white-collar crime in the US, they throw away the key."

If only it was like that here
FIFA is low-hanging fruit in the fight against global corporate corruption. The US Senate is out of reach at the moment.

U

User482

Allardyce now officially out at West Ham. The papers say sacked, but they're just not renewing his expired contract.

I have a feeling that may be a poor decision. The results have been awful second half of the season but he has been a dead man walking since Christmas and the players aren't going to bust a gut for someone who is on his way. The next choice will be vital for the club.

The media has been pretty fawning of BFS and critical of the fans, but seem to forget that we scraped promotion through the play-offs, despite having the best-funded squad in the division. The exciting, attacking football of the first half of this season came about through accident rather than design, and it wasn't long before he reverted to type. Having said all that, you can be pretty sure of survival with BFS, and that's critically important with the impending move.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The media has been pretty fawning of BFS and critical of the fans, but seem to forget that we scraped promotion through the play-offs, despite having the best-funded squad in the division. The exciting, attacking football of the first half of this season came about through accident rather than design, and it wasn't long before he reverted to type. Having said all that, you can be pretty sure of survival with BFS, and that's critically important with the impending move.
The problem is, who to replace him? Laudrup would be a disaster in my opinion and Bilac has no experience in the EPL - not the best league in the world but one that has it's own demands over and above coaching ability. Benitez appears to be out of the running so the chances are we'll get another Ron Manager who's been sacked somewhere else.

And we've got the Micky Mouse cup to contend with too.

U

User482

The problem is, who to replace him? Laudrup would be a disaster in my opinion and Bilac has no experience in the EPL - not the best league in the world but one that has it's own demands over and above coaching ability. Benitez appears to be out of the running so the chances are we'll get another Ron Manager who's been sacked somewhere else.

And we've got the Micky Mouse cup to contend with too.

Mind you, Bilic of course played in the EPL, and has coaching experience at international level and in the Europa league. I agree he would be a bit of a risk, but would be a bold choice. We'll probably get Steve McLaren though.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
R.I.P. Andy King

Here's his most famous moment with Richard Duckenfield

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txufWP6nGdc

My 1970s hero, from all the players of that time he was even above Bob Latchford for me, what a player he was, should have been an England regular IMHO. I once saw a quote from Harry Catterick saying that Andy King was the only player from the 1970s who would have got into his successful Everton teams of the 1960s.

Saw him outside Wembley before the 2009 F.A. Cup semi final and me and my mate gave him a quick rendition of "Andy is our King", he burst out laughing and had a chat with us for a few minutes, he was later with a few other ex players in our section inside the ground.

Sad news, RIP, thanks for the great memories.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Good shout, but although I loved Duncan McKenzie and have great memories of him, he wasn't at Everton that long (when Gordon Lee succeeded Billy Bingham, his days were always numbered) so perhaps he just didn't play enough to work himself as deeply into my teenage football hero bank as Andy King.

He was a hell of a player though, there were recently some old repeats of FA Cup ties on TV, one of which was the 1977 semi when Clive Thomas made his infamous decision to rob us of victory, my son who was born in the late 80s and had never seen McKenzie play, watched it and texted me to say, "....that Duncan McKenzie looked a hell of a player......" When he left Everton he went to Chelsea and not long after played for them against us at Goodison, he scored a good goal for them and the cheer was almost as loud as for a home goal.

Top Bottom