The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Shrewsbury v Fleetwood was interesting in the howling gale yesterday! Windiest conditions I've ever seen football in.

Firstly - our goalie tried to wallop a back pass up the field and because it went so high it came back at him and out for a corner :eek:

Secondly - there was an almighty bang and creaking sound in the 1st half, followed by the roof of the away end flexing with a ripple effect in the wind!! Apparently it's designed to do that......hmmmm, didn't look safe to me :blink:

It'll be a mission from Shropshire, but get yourself to a Highland League game if you want to feel some proper wind. November is a pretty good month for maximum hilarity.

gavgav

Legendary Member
It'll be a mission from Shropshire, but get yourself to a Highland League game if you want to feel some proper wind. November is a pretty good month for maximum hilarity.
I've always wanted to get up there to see a game! I love the names of the teams from up there, Inverurie Loco's, Wick Academy, etc.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I've promised myself a trip to my favourite place in Britain - so no hardship there - to see Fort Bill in action. I only discovered earlier this week that they have floodlights!

I've promised myself a trip to my favourite place in Britain - so no hardship there - to see Fort Bill in action. I only discovered earlier this week that they have floodlights!

I think they have Flood lights - website shows that their last 7 home matches stretching back to November have been postponed due to waterlogged pitch.

MarkF

Guru
93 minutes of turgid nothingness, both teams were a bloody disgrace, there was more action in any 10 minute spell in the Everton v Stoke game than in all that put together. Poo!

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Spot the spelling mistake

8406_1165584650148864_3871224699045276195_n.jpg

Top Bottom