The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

With hindsight my comment was rather unfair. Not unfair to the club itself, but to the only genuine people at any football club - the fans who turn up week after week through thick and thin. But at least eighty clubs in the league would give their right arms to win the championship and be within one goal of reaching the quarter finals of the Champions League, even if it meant going through a relegation battle the same season. The players should have given more blood, sweat and tears and the board should have backed the manager to the hilt, at least till the end of the season.
Very well put.

I work with several people who are season ticket holders, and their view is that the senior players have just not played for the team. It's as if they hold back for the big matches and don't commit 100% in case they get damaged.
Peronally I reckon that several of them got new agents, felt they had to stay to honour the manager and play the Champions League matches before moving to new clubs for 2017-18. Well it's backfired and they have just shown that as individual players they aren't worth big money.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Very well put.

I work with several people who are season ticket holders, and their view is that the senior players have just not played for the team. It's as if they hold back for the big matches and don't commit 100% in case they get damaged.
Peronally I reckon that several of them got new agents, felt they had to stay to honour the manager and play the Champions League matches before moving to new clubs for 2017-18. Well it's backfired and they have just shown that as individual players they aren't worth big money.

Can't agree there a good bunch of that team would be regarded as journeymen Huth Morgan Albrighton Simpson Drinkwater have all been Premier League players at various clubs Vardy is no spring chicken at 30. Who can explain why it clicked for them last season but not this ?? I can't see any of them moving onto other prem clubs though maybe Mahrez.

13 rider

Guru
Can't agree there a good bunch of that team would be regarded as journeymen Huth Morgan Albrighton Simpson Drinkwater have all been Premier League players at various clubs Vardy is no spring chicken at 30. Who can explain why it clicked for them last season but not this ?? I can't see any of them moving onto other prem clubs though maybe Mahrez.
At the start of last season's teams turned up to plays us with an attitude it's only Leicester and left space for Vardy to run into and we hit them on the break .Vardy scored and confidence sky rocketed turned an average striker into a great one . As teams sussed this out his confidence just kept him going and scoring . This season starts teams turned up to stop us an Vardy leaving no space he stopped scoring and his confidence disappeared and the worst he going back to an average player

TVC

That is the point, they are a bunch of average players who were given self belief and worked as a band of brothers led by their manager who bought them pizzas and held them close. The view of my workmates is that this year they all thought they were better than they are and played for their careers, not the team.

martint235

Dog on a bike
The filthy reds sacked Van Gaal last year within days of winning the FA Cup....another classless club !
They were classless long before that

mark st1

Plastic Manc
After he won you the league cup got you to the cup final.

We bought in Moyes who turned a league winning side into a top six team. Replaced him with Van Gaal who played the most boring style of football known to man. So they were both rightly replaced.

martint235

Dog on a bike
After he won you the league cup got you to the cup final.

We bought in Moyes who turned a league winning side into a top six team. Replaced him with Van Gaal who played the most boring style of football known to man. So they were both rightly replaced.
Kenny accepted it wasn't working. There's no hard feeling between him and FSG over what happened. That our progress since has been sporadic doesn't change the fact we probably shouldn't have gone backwards (and I was in favour of it to be honest but then I do remember the first time Kenny was around)

13 rider

Guru
Apparently Roberto Mancini has been spotted in Leicester ? . He has history with us as amazingly he did play for us at the end of his career for a few games . Not sure about who I want now I'd have preferred keeping Claudio even if it isn't relegation

Top Bottom