The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Disgusting decision. I hope that are relegated now.
Yes I would have liked to stick with him no matter what I think he earned that .
But I really hope were not relegated .

MarkF

Guru
What a sad end to the story. :sad:

I wonder how much they really have focused on the CL and what has taken out of them? Any club other than the top 6 would struggle squad wise to compete on both fronts, even Spurs flopped out at the group stages.

The filthy reds sacked Van Gaal last year within days of winning the FA Cup....another classless club !

TVC

I can see fan protests coming at the weekend. A terrible, weak decision to not at least giving him the chance to finish the season then step aside with dignity.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Yes I would have liked to stick with him no matter what I think he earned that .
But I really hope were not relegated .
With hindsight my comment was rather unfair. Not unfair to the club itself, but to the only genuine people at any football club - the fans who turn up week after week through thick and thin. But at least eighty clubs in the league would give their right arms to win the championship and be within one goal of reaching the quarter finals of the Champions League, even if it meant going through a relegation battle the same season. The players should have given more blood, sweat and tears and the board should have backed the manager to the hilt, at least till the end of the season.

13 rider

Guru
With hindsight my comment was rather unfair. Not unfair to the club itself, but to the only genuine people at any football club - the fans who turn up week after week through thick and thin. But at least eighty clubs in the league would give their right arms to win the championship and be within one goal of reaching the quarter finals of the Champions League, even if it meant going through a relegation battle the same season. The players should have given more blood, sweat and tears and the board should have backed the manager to the hilt, at least till the end of the season.
Nicely put and I agree whole heartedly

Top Bottom