The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lonestar

Veteran
You could lose the betting slip!

What betting slip?

Sixmile

Veteran
Celtic 4 Hearts 1

Slightly flatters Hearts.

As a Celtic fan, is it even possible to get excited about a new season? I mean, Celtic will stroll to another championship and it'll hardly be a shock, surprise or a final day decider when Celtic win it. At least Barcelona have Real Madrid to keep it interesting while they steamroll the rest.

pjd57

Veteran
As a Celtic fan, is it even possible to get excited about a new season? I mean, Celtic will stroll to another championship and it'll hardly be a shock, surprise or a final day decider when Celtic win it. At least Barcelona have Real Madrid to keep it interesting while they steamroll the rest.
I've been going to games for over 50 years now and still enjoying it as much as ever.
Excited ? Not sure if I'm the excitable type of guy.
Enjoy it when it's good.
Forget it instantly when it's not, and lately it's another excuse to get my bike out.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"

Funny you should mention those two, they're as despised by fans in Spain as the bigot sisters are here -

View: https://youtu.be/PUgYpJyZIA4

Sixmile

Veteran
Funny you should mention those two, they're as despised by fans in Spain as the bigot sisters are here -
View: https://youtu.be/PUgYpJyZIA4

Interesting watch that. I've got to agree with some of the comments on the video that it's the 'emergence of the arm chair fan and the TV money that has ruined football'. I love watching football but I've never bought a sports package as I wouldn't want to feed what I see as the problem. We've a generation of "football experts" who've never been through a turnstile, never followed a team for even a season, don't support their local clubs but instead their opinions and views on football are based on what they've heard some tv commentator say or what they've read scrolling on their phone.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Interesting watch that. I've got to agree with some of the comments on the video that it's the 'emergence of the arm chair fan and the TV money that has ruined football'. I love watching football but I've never bought a sports package as I wouldn't want to feed what I see as the problem. We've a generation of "football experts" who've never been through a turnstile, never followed a team for even a season, don't support their local clubs but instead their opinions and views on football are based on what they've heard some tv commentator say or what they've read scrolling on their phone.

Get a lot of that in Scotland with guys who'll slag off their local club and Scottish football whilst heading to the pub to watch "Man Yoo" or whoever "their" team is.

AndyRM

XOXO

This. So much.

AndyRM

XOXO
Get a lot of that in Scotland with guys who'll slag off their local club and Scottish football whilst heading to the pub to watch "Man Yoo" or whoever "their" team is.

We've got several of those at Killie. I know one in particular who is an absolute melt, constantly having a go at our fans and players but choosing to drive down to Manchester to support "United". Total fud.

Top Bottom