The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

itchybeard

Maybe £40m a year for the rest of his career will soften the blow. Pure greed
I would not turn that down.
If i was a binman, got paid 15k a year in the UK, but offered 45k a year elsewhere to be a binman, you know what i'd choose...

40 million is so much money. Footballer or not. Let's be real.

Last edited:

PaulB

Legendary Member
Here's a question that's bothering me. You're at a women's match and a player of the team you support is on the ball but running up behind her so unseen by your player comes an opponent wanting the ball back. What do you shout?

Edinburgh City getting a bit carried away during the annual invasion

DGOSeQVXUAAZcht.jpg

pjd57

Veteran
I'd love to know what goes on in Brendan Rodgers' mind...

"Excellent, Leigh Griffiths is fit again. Wait no let's not risk him in this must win game. We'll put a winger up front and that will go really well. Oh it's not going well. Let's put him back on the wing then. Look he's scored. I am a genius."

Brendan is a genius.
Hail Hail

AndyRM

XOXO
£200 million.
Thing is, I'm not surprised about it...I am gobsmacked, which is so much money for a player but not around the way football spending is now...
Premier league spend the most on transfer period. Still, not a decent team between them...

If fans pay so much to watch football, spend loads on merchandise, TV etc then this is part of the game they are helping with whether they like it or not.

I have not been to a live men's game in years. I love the game but its too much, i'm not that impulsive. I have watched a women's game, that cost £6 terracing. Man city champions league semi. It was good. I think people watching mens football is addiction, it's routine, habit

For some clubs in the top leagues, sure. But not all clubs are like that. I could get change from £30 at St. James' Park next Saturday.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Those who say "i wouldn't turn it down if offered to me",yes i know what you mean,but what non football fans and many football fans are saying is that it shouldn't be offered in the first place.

Sixmile

Veteran
Those who say "i wouldn't turn it down if offered to me",yes i know what you mean,but what non football fans and many football fans are saying is that it shouldn't be offered in the first place.

The very people who complain about how greedy bankers are or how much politicians earn are happy enough to watch some fella get paid multimillions per year to underperform on a football pitch. Heck, i'll even get his name on the back of a £70 shirt!

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Here's a question that's bothering me. You're at a women's match and a player of the team you support is on the ball but running up behind her so unseen by your player comes an opponent wanting the ball back. What do you shout?

"Why aren't you in the kitchen?"

Top Bottom