The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjd57

Veteran
Beat Anderlecht home and away, draw at home to PSG. You read it here first. Finishing 3rd has to be the aim and I don't see why that's not possible.
In it to win it.
9 points at home. At least one away.

May well do, but we're just happy to be there and get £30m. Peter Lawwell should ensure that none of you ungrateful clubs get any of the cash that our success affords you. We'll have our £270k back, thank you.
Hardly makes up for you plundering anyone showing some promise and then not developing them further or loaning them out to 3rd division clubs in England...

J1888

Über Member
Hardly makes up for you plundering anyone showing some promise and then not developing them further or loaning them out to 3rd division clubs in England...

Ciftci? Guy has had chances and is rubbish. Rest of our players on loan are out to Scottish clubs - all of whom came through our youth system, apart from Christie, who is doing well for Aberdeen and I would think has a career at Celtic, and Scott Allan, who had ONE, yes that's ONE good season a Hibs, on which basis Celtic bought him. He has reverted to type and been garbage everywhere else he has gone.

When we're talking about youth players, nearly half of our starting XI last Saturday were from our academy, so we're doing fine for young players.

LiamW

Ciftci? Guy has had chances and is rubbish. Rest of our players on loan are out to Scottish clubs - all of whom came through our youth system, apart from Christie, who is doing well for Aberdeen and I would think has a career at Celtic, and Scott Allan, who had ONE, yes that's ONE good season a Hibs, on which basis Celtic bought him. He has reverted to type and been garbage everywhere else he has gone.

When we're talking about youth players, nearly half of our starting XI last Saturday were from our academy, so we're doing fine for young players.
Plus 2 of their players came through OUR youth set up.

Some people just love a moan about the champions.

AndyRM

XOXO
Yeah, you really showed a lot of interest in O'Donnell when you binned him in 2011... Partick did more to develop him.

Likewise Thomas - Motherwell did more for him.

And this is the point. You have the resources to hoover guys up and can cherry pick the very best, leaving scraps for the rest of us. Is it any wonder our league and national side are a joke?

You may call it moaning, the rest of us call it venting our (totally justified) frustrations. To be fair, going back to split gate receipts would go a long way to improving the game in Scotland.

LiamW

Funny how this was never mentioned when the old rangers were going great guns in the late 80's & 90s and hovering up all the best players and winning 9 titles in a row.

I care not for your moaning as I can remember my team being badly run on and off the park. I'm loving this period of dominance and long may it continue. Celtic look after No1, no one else. It's up to your team to get better, it's not an issue for anyone else.

LiamW

No I didn't, I chose to address the dig at Celtic while you ignored the oldco rangers doing the exact same thing previously.

You have issues with big teams winning trophies I get that, but sort out your club 1st before you moan about others.

Last edited:
Top Bottom