The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I saw Hercules of Alicante on Saturday night, it was great even with only about 6k there in a 25k+ stadium, they have slipped into the regional leagues and are the team everybody wants to beat. They totally dominated a game against Olot CF from Cataluna but drew 1-1 against a team who scored with their only shot of the game!

Friendly locals, nice badge, good stadium, 15 Euros entrance, (110 ST) and best of all, cold beers at my seat.:okay:

1866.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2FNRjqnogr8wH-nRPQocWEnwutV49TuXIvVTgb4HzA0nBP6w4.jpg

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Champions League draw:

MUFC - easy group.

LFC - slightly harder but still easy group.

MCFC - bit harder still but a moderate group.

CFC - hard group softened by one outlier I've never heard of (Qarabag). Will be glad to get through to the round of 16 in 1st or 2nd.

THFC - bloody hard group.

Lucky old Mou'. :rolleyes:

J1888

Über Member
Celtic, a group they'll be lucky to get more than 4 points from.

We'll get 7 :becool:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Just back from Split and it's hard to imagine a more football-mad city. Hajduk insignias absolutely everywhere. The atmosphere for Everton's visit was always going to be really intimidating

Now it's 1-2 on aggregate it's very much game on and you can easily see Split winning this

J1888

Über Member
Just back from Split and it's hard to imagine a more football-mad city. Hajduk insignias absolutely everywhere. The atmosphere for Everton's visit was always going to be really intimidating

Now it's 1-2 on aggregate it's very much game on and you can easily see Split winning this

Yes, it's a wonderful city and Hajduk are popular all along that bit of coast. Real fanatics!

AndyRM

XOXO
Beat Anderlecht home and away, draw at home to PSG. You read it here first. Finishing 3rd has to be the aim and I don't see why that's not possible.

Think you'll beat Anderlecht at home, draw away and lose all other games, as will Anderlecht.

A point off PSG? Ha.

We shall see though!

J1888

Über Member
Think you'll beat Anderlecht at home, draw away and lose all other games, as will Anderlecht.

A point off PSG? Ha.

We shall see though!

Of course, I have no idea what will happen. Anderlecht at home is clearly the game we are capable of winning. Glad to be in the draw and realistic aim is 3rd spot.

Top Bottom