The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I see Barcelona have sacked their manager. I can see why as Barca only won wth league last year.
Oh, and they only won the league the year before.
Oh, and they are only lying top at the moment.
I have read the reasons.....one of them being their 'capitulation' to Liverpool. But boy, expectations/demand are so high now.

I see Barcelona have sacked their manager. I can see why as Barca only won wth league last year.
Oh, and they only won the league the year before.
Oh, and they are only lying top at the moment.
I have read the reasons.....one of them being their 'capitulation' to Liverpool. But boy, expectations/demand are so high now.

Only guessing, of course, but Pochettino to take over?

gavgav

Guru
One of the best nights in 32 years of following Shrewsbury Town, last night, with a 1-0 win against Bristol City, in the FA Cup. When your big Centre half slams home a 25 yarder, in the 89th minute, you know it’s definitely your day!

The victory now leads us to this, in the 4th round of the cup :hyper:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Big one today. Lpool have the visit of ManU. It looks like Rashford is out and they will really miss him.
Theoretically I see a Liverpool win, maybe a BIG win.
But Utd have a long history of upsetting us.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Manchester Untied…
They are knocking on the door for sure.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Manchester Untied…
Stuaff......Utd got well and truly beaten. Only 2-0 but it could/should have been a lot more, which is a problem LFC have. With 'potentially' the best front three in the prem we dont finish teams off like we should. Ok, we put 4 past Leicester but mostly its just 1.
As a life long LFC fan I confess I used to enjoy watching Utd over the years.......from the Dennis Law/George Best days to the Giggs/Becham/Scholls era.......but they have a massive rebuilding job to do now.

MarkF

Guru
Liverpool made Man U look very poor, still, I can only hope that because they have already won it for so long, by the time they genuinely have won it, they'll be all won out.:okay:

I've very much enjoyed watching Leeds games this season, they are relentlesss and spectacularly profligate 6 yards out! It's painful to watch that team "relying" on Bamford for goals, crazy, all they had to do was buy or loan Nahki Wells and they'd have been be up by Easter.

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Stuaff......Utd got well and truly beaten. Only 2-0 but it could/should have been a lot more, which is a problem LFC have. With 'potentially' the best front three in the prem we dont finish teams off like we should. Ok, we put 4 past Leicester but mostly its just 1.
As a life long LFC fan I confess I used to enjoy watching Utd over the years.......from the Dennis Law/George Best days to the Giggs/Becham/Scholls era.......but they have a massive rebuilding job to do now.
Well, there were two disallowed goals- the Firmino one should have stood. Agreed that they should be making the scorelines a bit more flattering, but the three points are the main thing. Given the match schedule they've had to deal with, hardly surprising they're just getting the job done…

Utd could take five or six seasons to get that rebuilding done, even if they started getting the right people in now…and they haven't. The recruiting department were apparently rather annoyed at unfavourable comparisons with LFC (they looked at a lot of players before going for Wan-Bissaka), but when the higher-ups are so seemingly hopeless at spending in the right areas, their efforts are somewhat wasted. £850m spent in seven years. Huge wage bill. And now, effectively, a mid-table side. Danny Murphy picked his dream LFC & MU teams, plus subs, from the PL era in his column at the weekend. LFC: seven of the current team in the eleven (Gerrard, Alonso, Carragher and Suarez the exceptions). MU: De Gea and Rashford in the subs. Wouldn't argue with that. Until and unless they get someone like Mike Gordon at the top, getting the right people in, giving them the resources, and letting them get on with it, nothing will change.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Mbepe i think that's right, on bbc this morning, what a breath of fresh air, they're calling him the new Thierry, i think that's about right, what a star he's going to be

Top Bottom