The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
A wake up call for Liverpool if they had a sense of complacency creeping in, and a terrible result for West Ham who are likely to suffer the fallout on Wednesday night. I'm in town tomorrow and Corals are offering 200/1 on Liverpool to win 9-0 which I'm sticking a couple of quid on.

West Ham have been so bad lately that I really can see that scoreline.

gavgav

Guru
I think I’m actually dreaming and these last 2 days haven’t happened! Firstly, one of the best games of football I’ve seen in 31 years of following The Shrews, last 25 minutes we had the European champions (albeit a good number of reserves) on the rocks and could have won the game.

A trip to Anfield next week, to look forward to, even if it will be the kids and no Klopp there (more chance of winning) and now we have the carrot dangled of a trip to Stamford Bridge to play Chelsea, in the fifth round, if we can do so!

Slick

Guru
I think I’m actually dreaming and these last 2 days haven’t happened! Firstly, one of the best games of football I’ve seen in 31 years of following The Shrews, last 25 minutes we had the European champions (albeit a good number of reserves) on the rocks and could have won the game.

A trip to Anfield next week, to look forward to, even if it will be the kids and no Klopp there (more chance of winning) and now we have the carrot dangled of a trip to Stamford Bridge to play Chelsea, in the fifth round, if we can do so!
That's what the game is all about and you can shove your sky money right up your council gritter as I wouldn't swap it for anything. :becool:

gavgav

Guru
About 40 mile north of you up the A41, unfortunately now languishing in the Conference North. Many a good day at the old Gay Meadow, don't think we have been in the same league since your new ground.

The Lego ground they built for us in the middle of nowhere was the beginning of the end, Sealand Road may not have been much to look at but it was a proper football ground.
We had plenty of good battles during the League 2 days and our season in the Conference! I never actually went to Sealand Road, but The Deva was never a particular favourite ground to travel to. Mainly because it took an age to get out down that single road!! Sad to see what has happened to you, Wrexham and Hereford, I miss the local derbies.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Dalglish was such an 'inferior' manager, he won three titles with Liverpool including the double - while still playing - and is one of only three (possibly four) managers to have won the English first division with more than one club. How 'backwards', eh?

Quite, picking Dalglish as an example of a poor manager doesn't stand up, whatever Liverpool's woes in other respects.

I recall going to Anfield with the mighty Spurs, and most unusually, we were still level with about 15 minutes to go.

"King Kenny" came off the bench, the Kop went barmy, and he promptly slapped in what proved to be the winner.

At that time we had the unenviable record of not having won at Liverpool for about 75 years.

Not quite as bad as it seemed, because for some of that time they were in the second division.

But still bad enough.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Quite, picking Dalglish as an example of a poor manager doesn't stand up, whatever Liverpool's woes in other respects.

I recall going to Anfield with the mighty Spurs, and most unusually, we were still level with about 15 minutes to go.

"King Kenny" came off the bench, the Kop went barmy, and he promptly slapped in what proved to be the winner.

At that time we had the unenviable record of not having won at Liverpool for about 75 years.

Not quite as bad as it seemed, because for some of that time they were in the second division.

But still bad enough.

I know, Liverpool would have a picture of the Titanic on the cover of the programme for Spurs games indicating it was the year she sank that Tottenham last won at Anfield.

Top Bottom