The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Disgusting refereeing.

Havertz blatently pulled down, possession to Spurs and goal. No foul given.

Corner from Spurs and Cuccerea pulled to floor by Romeo by his hair. VAR checked - nothing given Spurs then score from retake.

Rarely do I get worked up by referee decisions but I am fuming.

1660503761721.png

AndyRM

XOXO
I've just about recovered from our absolute hounding yesterday. Our 'keeper had a a bit of a shocker, which didn't help. But we're not really competing with Celtic, or Rangers, so in the scheme of things it doesn't particularly matter.

My only real concern is that McInnes seems to have tried to build a big, physical side, which is his style and has worked well in the past, but for some reason it's just not clicking with our lads yet.

Slick

Guru
I've just about recovered from our absolute hounding yesterday. Our 'keeper had a a bit of a shocker, which didn't help. But we're not really competing with Celtic, or Rangers, so in the scheme of things it doesn't particularly matter.

My only real concern is that McInnes seems to have tried to build a big, physical side, which is his style and has worked well in the past, but for some reason it's just not clicking with our lads yet.

Early days and without looking to be condescending, competing with them shouldn't really be who you need to be competing with this season despite fairly recent successes before going down. That's not to say you won't compete with them this season, but I would imagine anything you do get will be a bonus. That said, there's a long season ahead of us which is why we love it, despite the detractors. :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
Clough at Leeds in the top flight.

Football history does not start with "Premier" branding:okay:

Except my question which you quoted was related specifically to the PL? :scratch:

AndyRM

XOXO
Early days and without looking to be condescending, competing with them shouldn't really be who you need to be competing with this season despite fairly recent successes before going down. That's not to say you won't compete with them this season, but I would imagine anything you do get will be a bonus. That said, there's a long season ahead of us which is why we love it, despite the detractors. :okay:

I don't think that's condescending at all, so no worries. Anything we get off Celtic or Rangers is a bonus. I'd be happy if we finished 7th in the league. A cup run would be nice. We'll see.

Looking at the posts here I wonder how people chose the teams they support, other than the obvious, their home teams.

I first started liking Spurs when I was a kid and they had the double winning team. I used to go to watch my local Southern League team, Merthyr, and sometimes my father took me to see Cardiff, but I lived nowhere near a first division team. Of the Premiership teams I cannot call myself a supporter of any team but I always look for the Spurs result, plus my old home town and current home town Cardiff.

Where you were born and brought up in the first instance, if you then settle elsewhere and actively support that club then I respect that.

I have a pal who's father supported Man U and he continues to support them by having season tickets for himself, his son and his Dad.

Everything else is just plastic in my opinion.

Top Bottom