The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Craig Bellamy?

another welsh legend but didnt play for liverpool in the 80s

a few more welsh legends that donned the red shirt of liverpool Dean Saunders, Ian Rush, Kevin Sheedy, John Toshack, Joe Allan, Ben Woodburn, Neco Williams, Harry Wilson, Danny Ward......and a list of others

So am i being plastic or just supporting the players of my nation at club level???

T4tomo

Guru
another welsh legend but didnt play for liverpool in the 80s

a few more welsh legends that donned the red shirt of liverpool Dean Saunders, Ian Rush, Kevin Sheedy, John Toshack, Joe Allan, Ben Woodburn, Neco Williams, Harry Wilson, Danny Ward......and a list of others

So am i being plastic or just supporting the players of my nation at club level???

Kevin Sheedy played for Everton didn't he? Plastic fan gets Liverpool clubs mixed up?

jowwy

Kevin Sheedy played for Everton didn't he? Plastic fan gets Liverpool clubs mixed up?

real fans know the truth

1660651582893.png

jowwy

Nice one tomo, not a lot of people know that Sheedy, despite being a legend for The ROI was actually born in Wales.

and played for liverpool before everton.......and was sold to everton for 100k in 1982 and won the league cup final with them, before going on to win many honours with neverton

T4tomo

Guru
Seriously 3 games over 4 years vs 274 and you refer to him as a Liverpool player rather than an Everton player ??:laugh::laugh::laugh:

OMG you're funny

jowwy

Seriously 3 games over 4 years vs 274 and you refer to him as a Liverpool player rather than an Everton player ??:laugh::laugh::laugh:

OMG you're funny

did he not play for liverpool and win a league cup with them???? it doesnt matter how many games they play, he was still a liverpool player

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Terrific stuff. Almost as funny as the Tuchel/Conte handshake.

Keep it coming!

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm a Killie fan because of my dad. He grew up in Troon and they are the biggest club in the area if you're not into 'juniors' football. I grew up in Edinburgh, and the main clubs there are Hearts and Hibs, so for a bit I was into Hearts, just because that's who my pals liked. My dad indulged this, to the point of taking me and a pal to watch Hearts play Killie at Tynecastle. Killie were going through a bit of a bad patch at that point, and Hearts battered them, and me and my pal were cheering away. As we left the stadium, there were this look in my dad's eyes and I thought to myself, this just isn't right, and I've been a Killie fan since.

Another fandom story I like is that of a friend of mine. He's from Middlesbrough, and back when 'Kid for a Quid' was a thing, they were playing Villa. All his pals were Boro fans, so to wind them up he decided to sit in the Villa end. They won, it stuck, so now he supports Villa despite having no connection with the area at all.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Growing up, like most Scottish kids, I followed 2 teams. One of the bigot sisters and East Fife, my big team. Being nominally Protestant it was Rangers of course for the pure triumphalism and I remember being at a League Cup Final in 82 at Hampden. Rangers fans were in the covered end and on an absolutely filthy day of torrential rain we sang songs about the dirty ****** ***** getting soaked on the open terraces. When Rangers scored the whole end erupted and I discovered the downside of a covered stand back then. The dust and stour caused by jumping around damn near choked us. I was picking bits of grit out of my teeth and ears the next day.

Fell out of love with East Fife when a team with Gordon Durie and Gordon Marshall clearly chucked the league because the cost of bringing the ground up to standard for the Premier League was prohibitive. Grew disgusted with Rangers once I understood what they were about so just drifted a bit really. Went to Dundee Utd games, Ayr, Stirling Albion but just as a neutral. Then in 2009 I went to a Falkirk game and I've been hooked ever since! Nothing else compares - the frustration, the misery, the despair, the joy of going to absolute shitehole grounds to see us getting beaten by pub teams is amazing. A helluva drug.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
I supported my English and Scottish club teams purely on the basis of they scored the most goals that particular weekend. I’ve been a fan of Chelsea & St Mirren since 1979.

Chislenko

Veteran
Born and raised in Rhyl so they are my team.

Scottish team is Albion Rovers.

I don't have an English team but if I did it would be Port Vale as I like the name!

Looking at this selection of teams I doubt anyone could call me a glory hunter 🙂

AndyRM

XOXO
Growing up, like most Scottish kids, I followed 2 teams. One of the bigot sisters and East Fife, my big team. Being nominally Protestant it was Rangers of course for the pure triumphalism and I remember being at a League Cup Final in 82 at Hampden. Rangers fans were in the covered end and on an absolutely filthy day of torrential rain we sang songs about the dirty ****** ***** getting soaked on the open terraces. When Rangers scored the whole end erupted and I discovered the downside of a covered stand back then. The dust and stour caused by jumping around damn near choked us. I was picking bits of grit out of my teeth and ears the next day.

Fell out of love with East Fife when a team with Gordon Durie and Gordon Marshall clearly chucked the league because the cost of bringing the ground up to standard for the Premier League was prohibitive. Grew disgusted with Rangers once I understood what they were about so just drifted a bit really. Went to Dundee Utd games, Ayr, Stirling Albion but just as a neutral. Then in 2009 I went to a Falkirk game and I've been hooked ever since! Nothing else compares - the frustration, the misery, the despair, the joy of going to absolute shitehole grounds to see us getting beaten by pub teams is amazing. A helluva drug.

Back when our scoreboard was functional, every time he made a save it flashed up "You have been halted by The Marshall." Amazing. One of my favourite 'keepers.

My absolute favourite was Dragoje Lekovic. Mostly because he was just wild and seemed to be making stuff up as he went along. I remember talking to my dad on one occasion and asking "What the hell is he thinking?" and getting a shrug in response.

He attempted a clearance once and somehow nearly booted the ball into his own net. Glorious.

Top Bottom