The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’ve seen that incident loads of times and it still looks as if the ball is over the line.On that decision Germany 🇩🇪 go out…..😀

The laces kept the ball in :laugh:
1669929553455.png

I bet the young Hansi was good at subbuteo?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Other than watch England v Wales for an hour and falling asleep my WC interest has solely been to look at results.

I've just seen the slow motion of the Japan winner. You have to laugh really, the true result was a draw not a fraudulent win decided by a TV camera.

Absolutely ridiculous. VAR is simply so bad and a good reason not to watch football. Germany should still be in the World Cup.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Other than watch England v Wales for an hour and falling asleep my WC interest has solely been to look at results.

I've just seen the slow motion of the Japan winner. You have to laugh really, the true result was a draw not a fraudulent win decided by a TV camera.

Absolutely ridiculous. VAR is simply so bad and a good reason not to watch football. Germany should still be in the World Cup.

you are aware it was the refs decision to award the goal and not VAR........VAR could not definitely decide whether the ball was out of play or not, so informed the ref to go with his on field decision. Therefore the ref decided not a TV Camera as you put it.

Alex321

Veteran
you are aware it was the refs decision to award the goal and not VAR........VAR could not definitely decide whether the ball was out of play or not, so informed the ref to go with his on field decision. Therefore the ref decided not a TV Camera as you put it.

That is completely incorrect

The on-field decision (correctly) wasn't made by the ref, but by the linesman (assistant referee as they are called nowadays). And that decision was that it was not a goal. The flag went up from them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnESv9md1IM

At 3:32 "The flag has gone up". And you can see the Japanese players reaction to that.

VAR then overturned that decision.

Having seen the replay numerous times, I don't think the whole of the ball was over the line, but I don't think it was clear enough that the on-field decision should have been overturned.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
That is completely incorrect

The on-field decision (correctly) wasn't made by the ref, but by the linesman (assistant referee as they are called nowadays). And that decision was that it was not a goal. The flag went up from them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnESv9md1IM

At 3:32 "The flag has gone up". And you can see the Japanese players reaction to that.

VAR then overturned that decision.

Having seen the replay numerous times, I don't think the whole of the ball was over the line, but I don't think it was clear enough that the on-field decision should have been overturned.

My apologies i thought it was the other way round, but the ball was defo in play as per below
1669971202397.png

Ball is in play......therefore its a goal - maybe this picture shows it better

1669971470490.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom