The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
@Mike_P
I admire your positivity but it ain't going to happen.

Colchester lost 4-1 last night so Sutton might still have a chance given Franchise FC have nothing to play for being guaranteed the top play off spot.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Colchester lost 4-1 last night so Sutton might still have a chance given Franchise FC have nothing to play for being guaranteed the top play off spot.

hmmm still unlikely, they need a 4 probably 5 (as 3 behind on goals scored) swing on goal difference.

Soton's challenge to auto promotion in championship faded last night, with Leicester simultaneously getting themselves back on track. Still v tight with Ipswich and Leeds snapping at their heels

Last edited:

potsy

Rambler

Amazing run for Doncaster too in that league, 10 straight wins!
Gone from absolute fodder to 5th in the table, no team will want to face them in the play offs!

@Mike_P
I admire your positivity but it ain't going to happen.
I'm glad i didn't say i'll eat my hat :ohmy:
It's not the team i support but i do have a soft spot for Colchester.
Good luck to Sutton. If they pull it off on the final match it's fully deserved.
If it comes down to the same points and goal difference is it then down to the most goals scored?

AndyRM

XOXO
What have the BBC done to the results page!!!

Why do people see the need to change something that works just fine? (Just to compound matters Garmin Connect have rehashed their home page today!!)

They've been fiddling around with it (and the whole sport site) for a while now. As usually happens, it hasn't entirely gone well but they'll probably get things ironed out pretty quickly.

Chislenko

Veteran
They've been fiddling around with it (and the whole sport site) for a while now. As usually happens, it hasn't entirely gone well but they'll probably get things ironed out pretty quickly.

The button I can't find now is the show / hide scorers, you now have to go into each individual match to see who has scored where as you could scroll down and see all scorers at a glance previously.

Mike_P

Guru
Back to last Sunday's disallowed Coventry goal struck me the whole problem with the current microscopic ruling of offside is that it is contrary to other rules like the ball having to be wholly over the line for a goal to count. In that case an attacking player should be only given off side if there feet are clearly and wholly beyond those of a defender.

AndyRM

XOXO
It was my understanding that VAR was meant to be used for "clear and obvious" infringements. Not offside millimetres which aren't discernible at speed from 20 yards away.

I've watched a couple of games recently where commentators have seemed baffled because a player has started a run from his own half and somehow wasn't given offside which is ridiculous.

Seevio

Guru
Back to last Sunday's disallowed Coventry goal struck me the whole problem with the current microscopic ruling of offside is that it is contrary to other rules like the ball having to be wholly over the line for a goal to count. In that case an attacking player should be only given off side if there feet are clearly and wholly beyond those of a defender.

It's not entirely clear what problem you are trying to address here. If it is that offsides are being ruled on to millimetre differences, then your solution will do nothing except shift the issue forward a little.

Alex321

Veteran

Absolutely.

Level is onside, and I do not believe those lines are accurate enough to be sure when it is a matter of a couple of inches, so in those cases, the benefit of the doubt should be given.

Top Bottom