The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Well, I’m pretty sure @AndyRM won’t agree with me, but I reckon my team are still woeful despite a flattering 4-1 win yesterday afternoon. We are still mathematically in with a shout at this league, but anyone who has passed more than a cursory glance over the border, will know that its only this close because the other mob shot themselves in the foot, before we returned the favour by throwing ourselves on our own grenade.

Still, should be a good battle next weekend.

AndyRM

XOXO
Well, I’m pretty sure @AndyRM won’t agree with me, but I reckon my team are still woeful despite a flattering 4-1 win yesterday afternoon. We are still mathematically in with a shout at this league, but anyone who has passed more than a cursory glance over the border, will know that its only this close because the other mob shot themselves in the foot, before we returned the favour by throwing ourselves on our own grenade.

Still, should be a good battle next weekend.

Three lengthy VAR checks in the first 15 minutes says it all really. Your boys needed all the help you could get yesterday!

With 11 men on the park I think we could have held that lead. They really need to sort that double jeopardy penalty rule out.

Slick

Guru
Three lengthy VAR checks in the first 15 minutes says it all really. Your boys needed all the help you could get yesterday!

With 11 men on the park I think we could have held that lead. They really need to sort that double jeopardy penalty rule out.

Much like Dessers, VAR will not survive into next season.

All my mates on the dark side are hoping that the league is done before going down the 77, which tells a story in itself.

AndyRM

XOXO
Much like Dessers, VAR will not survive into next season.

All my mates on the dark side are hoping that the league is done before going down the 77, which tells a story in itself.

Sadly I can't see it going anywhere, or the incompetent fools who run the show improving. The standard of refereeing in Scotland is diabolical.

Says a lot when commentators/pundits pretty much always mention how refreshing it is when games don't involve the system. Some of the minute marginal offside calls these days are beyond parody: in winter months a players condensated breath will probably be enough to call them off.

AndyRM

XOXO
Great sadness for my fiancée as her non league side, Telford, were unable to beat Leamington in their playoff final.

Sounded like they paid the price for missing early chances.

Mystifyingly if they'd been promoted they'd have been back in the Northern League so it wouldn't have been as much of a mission to go and see them. Roll on the Bucks Head next time we're down south!

potsy

Rambler
Stockport County in bid to immediately get relegated from league 1 by letting captain Paddy Madden go. 😕

At 34 he probably wasn't offered a long enough contract so has taken another offer elsewhere.
Can't blame him but will be big boots to fill, hopefully a couple of really decent signings to soften the blow over the next few weeks.

Signed from league 1 3 years ago to get us out of none league, job done with interest!

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Sadly I can't see it going anywhere, or the incompetent fools who run the show improving. The standard of refereeing in Scotland is diabolical.

Says a lot when commentators/pundits pretty much always mention how refreshing it is when games don't involve the system. Some of the minute marginal offside calls these days are beyond parody: in winter months a players condensated breath will probably be enough to call them off.

One of the side-effects of VAR is it hoovers up even more of the "better" refs to sit looking at a telly. As a result, poorer refs get promoted into the lower leagues. Some of the refereeing I've seen this season in League One has been staggeringly bad. Not only awful but presided over by some of the most arrogant "look at me" tossers (which let's face it, is why most of them do it).

Dave7

Legendary Member
Man U getting absolutely slaughtered here . Bereft of any ideas , the manager will carry the can I guess . Needs a huge clear out .

I watched it, mesmerised. Will Ten Hag be there next year ?
The squad.......its not like they were cheap is it?

I wanted to ask the Scottish lads on here what they think about the top and bottom splits at the end of the season?
Looked at Wikipedia to get a gist of it.
After getting the idea of the league not wanting clubs to play each other four times a season it got too complicated for my tiny brain to comprehend.:ohmy:

Chislenko

Veteran
I wanted to ask the Scottish lads on here what they think about the top and bottom splits at the end of the season?
After getting the idea of the league not wanting clubs to play each other four times a season it got too complicated for my tiny brain to comprehend.:ohmy:

We have the same in The Welsh Premier, luckily my team are a couple of divisions lower down as I can't compute how it works either, especially when you look at the table and the team in seventh can have more points than the team in sixth!!

AndyRM

XOXO

The idea initially was that it would eliminate meaningless games and create mini leagues with European qualification or avoiding relegation the prizes on offer. It's never really happened that way to be honest and nobody I'm aware of actually likes the system.

One thing which is particularly ridiculous about it is that you'd think if you played 2 home games and 3 away post split, the reverse would be true the following season. This doesn't happen. Things can be further complicated by the authorities not wanting an Old Firm derby (and potential title decider) on the last day of the season, as well as fiascos like we've seen with Dundee's entirely avoidable pitch issues.

As I've said before we need a bigger top flight (16 teams, possibly 18) run like pretty much everywhere else without the contrivance of the split.

Re: @Chislenko on the sixth finishing on more points than seventh thing, I think that's happened twice. And only then because you're only playing the other bottom six sides.

Top Bottom