The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They spend money on all kinds of nonsense that I neither enjoy nor consume (EastEnders, Dancing on Ice with Celebrity Star People I've Never Heard Of etc...), but what I do enjoy more than makes up for that.

Whatever, it's your choice but if you think them not broadcasting certain radio streams online you should see the state of their Scottish football coverage...

Nobody has been telling me to buy a wind up radio, but they are handy.

I seriously haven't turned my tv on since November 2019 after England lost the RWC final to 'Sith Efrica'. 🧐 If they brought in a lesser priced license fee for internet and radio only use I would probably buy one. 🤔

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Well they fecked it up after all that promise this season!:thumbsdown: Next season must be the first Yorkshire club free Premiership season for quite a few years.🤔

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/scores-fixtures

Well they fecked it up after all that promise this season!:thumbsdown: Next season must be the first Yorkshire club free Premiership season for quite a few years.🤔

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/scores-fixtures
For no particular reason as just being curious decided to split the Premier league into three areas(North,Midlands and the South).
The North now has only five clubs which seems quite low from previous seasons. Although they are five big established clubs.
The Midlands have four while the south has eleven which includes seven London clubs.
Must be a procrastinating day.:rolleyes:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
For no particular reason as just being curious decided to split the Premier league into three areas(North,Midlands and the South).
The North now has only five clubs which seems quite low from previous seasons. Although they are five big established clubs.
The Midlands have four while the south has eleven which includes seven London clubs.
Must be a procrastinating day.:rolleyes:

Ah, I see now you counted Newcastle. I thought you'd counted Burnley in there for a second,:ohmy: though obviously they were relegated.:rolleyes: I always think of the north west, not the north east when the north is mentioned.;)

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Thought this was interesting -

m84oBWQAEIf96.jpg.91de2ec384668a1b5a4387a2ae2cde7c.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Wayne Rooney and wife Coleen reportedly hunting for new home on Devon's south coast

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/wayne-rooney-wife-coleen-reportedly-9308107

Surely they'd be better off renting on a month by month contract! Then if/when it goes you know what up they haven't an expensive house to offload. If he was still playing, buying a house would be sensible as even if you have a crap season you tend to stay with a club till the next transfer window at least, but managers can be disposed of at the drop of a hat.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Got to feel a bit for Sean Dyche, he gets relegated with Burnley and sacked, Kompany does the same and gets the Bayern job.

Funny old game.

Kompany guided Burnley to the Championship title in 2023 on the back of Burnley's many millions so called parachute payments. Maybe this is what caused Bayern to see him as a Champions League level manager. :rolleyes: Maybe if he is successful at Bayern and he writes his memoirs when he retires, From Burnley to Bayern could be a decent book title. :whistle:

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Kompany is also about the 8th manager they have approached for the position.

I believe Dyche was next on the list

AndyRM

XOXO
Kompany guided Burnley to the Championship title in 2023 on the back of Burnley's many millions so called parachute payments. Maybe this is what caused Bayern to see him as a Champions League level manager. :rolleyes: Maybe if he is successful at Bayern and he writes his memoirs when he retires, From Burnley to Bayern could be a decent book title. :whistle:

Eh?

Dyche also won the Championship with Burnley, twice (the first time without the parachute millions you seem to have something against), and got them into Europe.

Saving Everton this season was no mean feat.

I'd have had Dyche further up my list than Kompany and certainly higher than 8th choice.

Top Bottom