The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
United looked solid in defence and were catching City out with their quick counter attacks.
City came more to life when doku came on in the second half but i found their tip tap football and slow build up in the first half boring(imo)

Yes. As a Lpool fan it goes against the grain to say Utd were the far better team. Good to see that City aren't invincible.

Stephenite

Membå
Here are the final standings of Cyclechat's fantasy football league

1716722172686.png

AndyRM

XOXO
Not a great result by my plucky Albion side but I'm pleased with 1991 as a score considering I did my usual of forgetting to substitute injured players and persisted with donkeys just because I liked them.

Stephenite

Membå
Not a great result by my plucky Albion side but I'm pleased with 1991 as a score considering I did my usual of forgetting to substitute injured players and persisted with donkeys just because I liked them.

Are you Erik Ten Hag in disguise?

Edited to add: It's a popular management technique throughout all of football :P

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Crap service by the BBC! There I was ready to listen to the play off final on BBC Radio Leeds, via the BBC's internet football page which covered the build up, when off it went due to 'contractual reasons'. All they can offer is 'live text reporting'! Why not go the whole hog and just offer a telegram service early 1900's style!:thumbsdown:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live/cd11vdnwwjdt

Best wishes to Leeds by the way!:okay:

Mike_P

Guru
Crap service by the BBC! There I was ready to listen to the play off final on BBC Radio Leeds, via the BBC's internet football page which covered the build up, when off it went due to 'contractual reasons'. All they can offer is 'live text reporting'! Why not go the whole hog and just offer a telegram service early 1900's style!:thumbsdown:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live/cd11vdnwwjdt

Best wishes to Leeds by the way!:okay:

They are not allowed to internet broadcast EFL games.

AndyRM

XOXO
Just use a DAB radio for local radio coverage.

'Mon Southampton in any case, much prefer their style and approach to football.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They are not allowed to internet broadcast EFL games.

Yes I know they aren't, but maybe they should use some of those license fee billions to buy the rights to broadcast EFL games. It's so frustrating listening to Radio Lancashire's 'Match Day Live', then off it goes as soon as a match they've been building up to kicks off!

AndyRM

XOXO
Yes I know they aren't, but maybe they should use some of those license fee billions to buy the rights to broadcast EFL games. It's so frustrating listening to Radio Lancashire's 'Match Day Live', then off it goes as soon as a match they've been building up to kicks off!

Bit rich to complain when you don't pay a license fee...

Why are you after a wind up radio? They exist but they're pricey.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Bit rich to complain when you don't pay a license fee...

Why are you after a wind up radio? They exist but they're pricey.

If I knew the BBC intended spending my license fee on buying the rights to broadcast EFL games I might reconsider my won't pay a license fee stance. However, I just know they want it to add to Lineker's bank account and other infuriating things they waste our money on! 🧐

I want a wind up radio as they are advising us to buy one for when WW3 starts!!🧐

AndyRM

XOXO
If I knew the BBC intended spending my license fee on buying the rights to broadcast EFL games I might reconsider my won't pay a license fee stance. However, I just know they want it to add to Lineker's bank account and other infuriating things they waste our money on! 🧐

I want a wind up radio as they are advising us to buy one for when WW3 starts!!🧐

They spend money on all kinds of nonsense that I neither enjoy nor consume (EastEnders, Dancing on Ice with Celebrity Star People I've Never Heard Of etc...), but what I do enjoy more than makes up for that.

Whatever, it's your choice but if you think them not broadcasting certain radio streams online you should see the state of their Scottish football coverage...

Nobody has been telling me to buy a wind up radio, but they are handy.

Top Bottom