FNRttC The Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Whitstable 27th August 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
First rule of `Cheese Club', no one mentions `Cheese Club'

Doh.........:wacko:

Jasper. The cheese club is as useless as the chocolate teapot - as far as it goes...
BRET%20GOLF%20LEBANON%20CHEESE.jpg

Jasper the Surrea

Jasper. The cheese club is as useless as the chocolate teapot - as far as it goes...
BRET%20GOLF%20LEBANON%20CHEESE.jpg

Ah, but we redesigned the chocolate tea pot for a practical and delicious one use and semi ridiculous indulgence.

What the cr*p is Lebanon cheese Teeth?

And why is the chap on the right weeing in a circle around himself?

Christopher

Über Member
hi y'all

Thanks for a great night - wonderful experience. My fave bit was zipping along the coast road into Whitstable well below the sea wall, probably below tide level too! The giant ships in the Thames Estuary, the flak towers out to sea, the sight if people having full breakfasts with chips at 8AM, all great stuff. I made the beginner's mistake of going too fast early on and almost burnt out at 6AM.

Actually I saw the sun rise on Monday morning from the saddle in Yorkshire after going caving and getting the Sunday afternoon train times a bit wrong, so had to get the 0540 from Skipton to Lancaster...xx(

thom

____
Evening all,
thankyou Simon for another variation on a trip to Whitstable - it went with a bang from my point of view.
When it did, the phalanx of TECs & punture repair experts that appeared gave a fascinating and much appreciated insight into the dark art of Glass Induced Tyre Repairal: Theory and Practice.
While Adrian's improvisational instincts with a Condensed Milk container opened a new line of thought for me, ultimately Tim's pragmatic approach seemed most attractive at 7am. Having someone who is prepared to lug around spare tyres and offer them up in such circumstances is one of the unique aspects of these trips. And being able to watch as the new tyre is expertly fitted and inflated, well thankyou kindly - I think that was Aperitif ? Apologies if not.
Likely as not I'll see a good few again next weekend,
Cheers,
Thom.

Tim Hall

A great ride, thanks very much. And Mrs. Hall enjoyed it too, although I must educate her on her timing of telling me about hissing noises - 30 seconds before we leave HPC is not ideal.

A couple of pictures:

IMGP4150.JPG

IMGP4170.JPG

The rest are here

hi y'all

Thanks for a great night - wonderful experience. My fave bit was zipping along the coast road into Whitstable well below the sea wall, probably below tide level too! The giant ships in the Thames Estuary, the flak towers out to sea, the sight if people having full breakfasts with chips at 8AM, all great stuff. I made the beginner's mistake of going too fast early on and almost burnt out at 6AM.

Actually I saw the sun rise on Monday morning from the saddle in Yorkshire after going caving and getting the Sunday afternoon train times a bit wrong, so had to get the 0540 from Skipton to Lancaster...xx(

:headshake: Wow! Time traveller, Frustruck? :smile:

Correct Thom ;) Actually, it's hard to catch either Tim out - they usually have an answer!

A great ride, thanks very much. And Mrs. Hall enjoyed it too, although I must educate her on her timing of telling me about hissing noises - 30 seconds before we leave HPC is not ideal.

A couple of pictures:

IMGP4150.JPG

The rest are here

IMGP4215.JPG

Excellent work Tim - here's another of your album that caught my eye. :smile: Mrs Hall, in her quest for bubbly, did not realise that Els was going to find oysters and champagne later in the day!
Friday Night Riding is becoming so decorous.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
OK, good ride and all that, and yes I missed out again but, seriously folks, what's happening here???????? home at reasonable times, cycling back, no tales of drunken debauchery........I feel my influence is sadly lacking.............

Top Bottom