FNRttC The Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Whitstable 27th August 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
Colnago Schmolnago*. Middle-aged men's jewellery, as he'll readily admit. Whatever next - white jeans?

simon may have been wearing white jeans in wittering yesterday, and comment may have been passed once we were safely out the door and full of pasta...
whistling.gif

theclaud

Openly Marxist
simon may have been wearing white jeans in wittering yesterday, and comment may have been passed once we were safely out the door and full of pasta...
whistling.gif

He was wittering in white jeans? Fancy that! ;)

Wobblers

Euthermic
Another marvellous ride!

Highlights for me included:

- seeing the sun rise over Kent. That's always a wonderful moment that makes it all worthwhile.

- Arallsopp and myself trying to chase down Davywalnuts and co on the road to Whitstable. Why didn't anyone mention he was stupidly fast???

- the Grenadier in London. I'd never guessed it was possible to have a civilised pint with TheClaud and Aperitif in the centre of London! My memory's vague as to who suggested it, but you are a genius :thumbsup:

A big Thankyou to everyone, especially Dellzeqq.

martint235

Dog on a bike
- Arallsopp and myself trying to chase down Davywalnuts and co on the road to Whitstable. Why didn't anyone mention he was stupidly fast???

I'm sorry but having ridden the SMRbtH with DavyW I'm afraid the words stupidly fast don't spring to mind....... (sorry Davy!!!!!)

And I still think I was surreptitiously removed from the sprint by opponents....how else can I be assigned way marker duties on only my second FNRttC.....:whistle:

Jasper the Surrea

Hello. Are you the tall, slim chap who met us earlier at Sloane Square? :hello:

I am having forum name/real person confusion over this ride, and might have to request that people start wearing badges. Frustruck - you're not the same person as Chris (with the barrel of brownies) are you? And if not, what do you look like? Chris might have told me his forum name, but I've forgotten. And then there was the woman who had a CycleChat jersey on but wasn't a CycleChatter. It is a compound crux, an almost insoluble pancake. Can anyone help me out?

I might be able to help you out with the compound crux, but will have to turn you down flat in the pancake dept.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
- the Grenadier in London. I'd never guessed it was possible to have a civilised pint with TheClaud and Aperitif in the centre of London! My memory's vague as to who suggested it, but you are a genius :thumbsup:

Even if we had to circle our target boozer looking for a sensible way in on bikes. The folk of Belgravia do not like to make these things too easy for the riff-raff. They had even boarded up the Old Barrack Yard gate in the hope of keeping us out. No wonder they were grumpy about topping up the pints...

Grenadier.jpg

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Even if we had to circle our target boozer looking for a sensible way in on bikes. The folk of Belgravia do not like to make these things too easy for the riff-raff. They had even boarded up the Old Barrack Yard gate in the hope of keeping us out. No wonder they were grumpy about topping up the pints...

[attachment=716:Grenadier.jpg]

All that beer drinking - you lot disgust me.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
All that beer drinking - you lot disgust me.

You always say that when it's your round.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Hmmm... Looks like my camera is now officially retiring itself from the night rides. Apparently a year and a half of being bumped back and forth through rainy nights has done the poor girl in and she's no longer interested in providing reportage services. Sorry.

If I can revive her for the martlets ride, I shall.

Ah.. That was you was it? Regardless of Martin's experiences on the ride home, I can confirm that the once fresh DavyWalnuts ran the Waterfront Derby stupidly fast. :smile:

In fact, I caught some of the action towards the tail end of the gps vid.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xp3Cpr_B48[/media]

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster

*Grins stupidly* :biggrin:

And thanks Andy, if I could find a way to upload the borrowed Garmin I was using it would show about 28mph+ ave over the last 7.1miles... but boy did I suffer on the way back and boy did Martin suffer my suffering.. As we agreed, it was Karma for me letting him waymark on the last junction... i've learned my lesson...

Till next years one! MWWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :tongue:

P.S. McWobble, its all to do with the 64cm diameter, when relaxed thighs.. thats each.... ;)

matthew b

well I was riding with Thom and DavyW (didn't know it was he until breakfast)...it all started when Thom turned round and shouted something along the lines of "let's race"...I was pretty knack'd but felt that I had to at least try, so just sat on Thom's wheel until Davy decided to take a pull and increased the pace...at some point Thom fell back (think he'd suddenly remembered Simon had put him i/c of the advance party and thought he'd better way point), at which point Davy and I continued apace to breakfast...when I checked my Garmin the last 6.6 miles had been covered at an average speed of 25.4mph!

Thanks again to Simon and the crew for a great night...catch y'all soon, I hope

Matthew

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
well I was riding with Thom and DavyW (didn't know it was he until breakfast)...it all started when Thom turned round and shouted something along the lines of "let's race"...I was pretty knack'd but felt that I had to at least try, so just sat on Thom's wheel until Davy decided to take a pull and increased the pace...at some point Thom fell back (think he'd suddenly remembered Simon had put him i/c of the advance party and thought he'd better way point), at which point Davy and I continued apace to breakfast...when I checked my Garmin the last 6.6 miles had been covered at an average speed of 25.4mph!

Thanks again to Simon and the crew for a great night...catch y'all soon, I hope

Matthew

Was it that slow?? thats disapointing... :cry:

Top Bottom