FNRttC The Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Whitstable 27th August 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matthew b

Was it that slow?? thats disapointing... :cry:

if it's any consolation we did hit 28mph for a short stretch, but the average was just over 25mph...we'll just have to try harder next time!

Was it that slow?? thats disapointing... :cry:

I just measured my thighs Davy - same size as yours! :sad:
I was with Dan (who is not slow) and we were just cruising into the town at your pace (39 - 40kph), with Claudine just behind. Trust you to delay Big Martin and suss out the baby-tired recumbentman and two relative newbies for a sprint to the line.

Didn't see any beers lined up for your 'friends that you have missed so much' either. (And my friend Andy IlB was out to play yesterday - he might have added to the mix, along with Ian...fast enough even after some hilly hills!) :smile:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I just measured my thighs Davy - same size as yours! :sad:
I was with Dan (who is not slow) and we were just cruising into the town at your pace (39 - 40kph), with Claudine just behind. Trust you to delay Big Martin and suss out the baby-tired recumbentman and two relative newbies for a sprint to the line.

Didn't see any beers lined up for your 'friends that you have missed so much' either. (And my friend Andy IlB was out to play yesterday - he might have added to the mix, along with Ian...fast enough even after some hilly hills!) :smile:

"Just behind" here translates as "barely hanging in, and wouldn't have had a hope in hell of catching them if it hadn't been for a traffic light and a cash machine".

Just as well the lights changed. Dan, true to form, wanted to insist on one last wrong turn before the Cafe. ;)

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
if it's any consolation we did hit 28mph for a short stretch, but the average was just over 25mph...we'll just have to try harder next time!

Yep. That tallies with my track log, but I did hit a new max speed on the way back. Although the train is cramped and cr@ppy, it does hit 90mph.:biggrin:

"Just behind" here translates as "barely hanging in, and wouldn't have had a hope in hell of catching them if it hadn't been for a traffic light and a cash machine".

Just as well the lights changed. Dan, true to form, wanted to insist on one last wrong turn before the Cafe. ;)

Don't be unfair on yourself! Anyway, in the interests of balance, would it be appropriate to start the 'last to leave thread'? Or maybe a 'Race you to the bar' contest. :biggrin:

martint235

Dog on a bike
P.S. McWobble, its all to do with the 64cm diameter, when relaxed thighs.. thats each.... ;)

I assume we are in fact talking circumference rather than diameter? Mine, a measly 54, would have easily won the sprint of it hadn't been for the unscrupulous tactics employed

TimO

Guru
... with Claudine just behind. ...

I saw Claudine's jersey ahead of me, and foolishly thought "I can probably just about catch her up before the end, if I put the hammer down". Could I? Like eck I could! She gradually disappeared off into the distance! :biggrin:

TimO

Guru
... and another thing.

What happened to the Harwich ride?

I see on the FNRttC Blog, that it says "With regret, the Harwich ride is now closed". I didn't even see it open, and doing a quick search on here seems to produce no obvious mentions. :wacko:

martint235

Dog on a bike
... and another thing.

What happened to the Harwich ride?

I see on the FNRttC Blog, that it says "With regret, the Harwich ride is now closed". I didn't even see it open, and doing a quick search on here seems to produce no obvious mentions. :wacko:

It's something to do with a ferry from what dellzeqq said. I'd really like to go too

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I saw Claudine's jersey ahead of me, and foolishly thought "I can probably just about catch her up before the end, if I put the hammer down". Could I? Like eck I could! She gradually disappeared off into the distance! :biggrin:

Carbon bike helps there ;) I well remember the run in last October- got dropped by Claud and Ian for a while, caught them by the end though.

Top Bottom