FNRttC The Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Whitstable 27th August 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I may be proved completely wrong, but I think this one will fill. I'm going to have a chat with Kieron and see if we can move to the buffet system (albeit with a more traditional content) that proved such a success at Planet Sweet, and, in my estimation, will allow us to up the numbers a little.

So, for those of you who haven't done the Whitstable ride, here's the skinny....it's about 72 miles, and quite a bit tougher than Brighton. There's some decent ups and downs going in to Gravesend, and the route really doesn't settle in the second half between Rochester and Faversham. The consolation is that the ride has a bit of drama, some splendid views and goes through some pretty villages and towns. The last eight miles across the Graveney Marshes can, if the mist lies on the flat ground, be breathtaking

Eric B
Tess H
Olaf S
Katharina S
Susie F
have had the effrontery to reserve places before the official registration period opens. Fill your boots

Origamist

Legendary Member
Put me down please, Simon.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
If you want to go on this one, Stu, you have to agree to listen to a lengthy safety talk from Lee on the subject of Descending at Speed. :whistle:

As I'm sure he'll testify, he was talking about going waaaay faster than me at the Reigate regroup. I'm generally good at descending at speed, it's sudden massive deacceleration that causes me problems
whistling.gif

Andy84

Veteran
I'm finding hard to type this as I'm suffering from my first 120 miles yesterday, and the thought of getting back on my bike is the last thing I really want to be thinking about! But yes please Simon.

Andy H(ills)

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Simon,

Please count me in. Can I also bring a +1 called Amanda G?

Still on high after a great trip to Dunwich last night!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Eric B
Tessa H
Olaf S
Katharina S
Susie F
Adrian C
Matt L
Stuart A
Andy H
Martin
AKA Bob - could you please e-mail me on fnrttc@yahoo.co.uk with Amanda's details?
Dan B
Andy A
Martin F

Please count me in. I have really been looking forward to this since doing my first FNRTTC to Southend back in April.
Tim D

Top Bottom