FNRttC The Fridays 2017 Tour On Tour Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

It 's 5pm Sunday. Am off to work now.... to The Netherlands. :-(
Last minute work excitement.
C'est la vie.
Make sure you take your bike....

OP
OP
srw

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
For those who missed the touching little ceremony in the bar last night, or who had already drunk too much and have forgotten, here are the highlights. I'm afraid it wasn't live-cast on Facebook....

First, @theclaud's beer kitty had more cash in it than the present-for-@mmmmartin fund at one stage. Poor show, TC, letting the kitty build up so much.

Second, after doing a complete tour of the island via two lengthy detours in an attempt to find a road off that wasn't closed, @rvw and I eventually made it to the only bike shop in Holland open on a Sunday and added more of the kit @mmmmartin needs to become a proper cyclist. He is now in proud posession of a genuine Axa brand dutch café lock, a bit like this one:
$_58.jpg

And because it was far too big to get out of the car we virtually handed over (via a tiny photo on a screen - appropriate for a virtual club and occasionally virtual members of the tour) the all-important wicker basket. Martin will have to provide his own dog to go in it.
IMG_20170710_100414774_HDR.jpg

If anyone happens to be travelling from Buckinghamshire to Tunbridge Wells let us know, and we can make the virtual real.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Thanks to everyone on the Tour for making it such a joy. We were lucky with the weather. The downside of the perfect tarmac and wonderful cycle lanes is the constant maintenance they need and the concomitant road works that every day blocked the carefully planned route. But great patience was in evidence, for which much thanks. You must have all been sick of the phrase: "Well it wasn't like that in October."

There'll now be a discussion among ride leaders about next year's effort, then you can all vote and there'll be a thread where opinions can be expressed, after which a totally undemocratic decision will be made.

An email about the next Tour, Le Sightseer, will go out to the club this week. Details are already on the website, but I need some sleep before putting flesh on the bones of the idea.

Last edited:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
@mmmmartin brilliant tour, thank you for all your hard work. It was great fun with lovely lovely company, spectacular weather and great beer :cheers:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Thanks to all Fridays for a great tour.

After however many days of clean, efficient Northern Europe, this country is filthy and everything seems 'Temporarily Out of Order'.
No lifts in my workplace today. Broken down again
Toilets in the basement where I work broken since last month. Nearest are three floors up.

The UK is shoddy.

Top Bottom