The Fridays Tour 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
10 kg will make a difference on any climb, let alone some of the Scottish ones (Devon & Cornwall are the worst bits of LeJOG but there's plenty of others whichever route we follow). Keep working at the mileage and the climbing and you'll get up most of them OK anyway. World's smallest granny ring? Presumably paired with a 36t on the cassette?

Stu, bro, I reckon, I weigh twice what you do. My legs don't put out twice the power. Will you give me a tow through the Highlands?:thumbsup:

I just stuck Glasgow to Oban into google directions and got a little bit excited, looks amazing (and not overly gruelling)

10 kg will make a difference on any climb, let alone some of the Scottish ones (Devon & Cornwall are the worst bits of LeJOG but there's plenty of others whichever route we follow).

Like Teef and Greg said, many of us, myself included weigh a substantial amount more than you do (more than 10kg) and we manage. While I'm not rude enough to say MTFU I would perhaps suggest there maybe mountains where there could be mole hills. You will be fine, and enjoy yourself with or without a support vehicle :thumbsup:

frank9755

Cyclist
I just stuck Glasgow to Oban into google directions and got a little bit excited, looks amazing (and not overly gruelling)

Very beautiful countryside, especially on the run in to Oban.
One for earlier in the year though - last weekend the midges alongside Loch Awe were so thick that it felt (and sounded) like it was raining!

david1701

bear in mind the starting point here..........at least one person on this ride will be carrying nothing and staying in a decent hotel every night. B+B at a push, but it had better be four star B+B. So the support will be for spares (think how clever we'll all feel if somebody pulls a spare wheel out of a van) and luggage. And evening wear. If, at any time, there's not sufficient people to make support financially viable, then you can call me Sherpa Dell

good shout, I don't think I can fit a suit bag in my pannier and where will my sparkly shoes go :biggrin:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it is a killer road. As in loads of death. Then again, I woudn't take a group ride down the A24 from Leatherhead to Dorking in the daytime, but, at night, there's nothing about and it would be hard to imagine anything less risky. I have to find out how much traffic there is at night - I suspect very little. I also need to work out if the midges fly at night.

The arrival, if you don't know it, is heartstoppingly beautiful. I would expect, nay, demand tears of joy.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
it is a killer road. As in loads of death. Then again, I woudn't take a group ride down the A24 from Leatherhead to Dorking in the daytime, but, at night, there's nothing about and it would be hard to imagine anything less risky. I have to find out how much traffic there is at night - I suspect very little. I also need to work out if the midges fly at night.

The arrival, if you don't know it, is heartstoppingly beautiful. I would expect, nay, demand tears of joy.

Some do some don't. The ones that do bite at night too!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Like Teef and Greg said, many of us, myself included weigh a substantial amount more than you do (more than 10kg) and we manage. While I'm not rude enough to say MTFU I would perhaps suggest there maybe mountains where there could be mole hills. You will be fine, and enjoy yourself with or without a support vehicle :thumbsup:

MTFU? I always do! :biggrin:

Top Bottom