FNRttC The Fridays' Tour, 2018

Would you like a centre-based Tour in a town in France in July?

• Yes

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
Day 4. Who said this would be an easy Tour? Normandy comes with hills, it's pleasures are hidden - La Normandie Profonde or La Profondité Normande - but fabulous. We thoroughly enjoyed all the kms, more than 100, of today's journey through Moyaux and Le Bec
IMG_20180509_142225281.jpg
IMG_20180509_142225281.jpg
Hellouin. But watering holes were few and far between so the Lisieux patisseries will be important.
Plenty of pictures on The Friday's Facebook page. Here's 4 ruins.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Day 4. Who said this would be an easy Tour? Normandy comes with hills, it's pleasures are hidden - La Normandie Profonde or La Profondité Normande - but fabulous. We thoroughly enjoyed all the kms, more than 100, of today's journey through Moyaux and Le Bec View attachment 408467 View attachment 408467 Hellouin. But watering holes were few and far between so the Lisieux patisseries will be important.
Plenty of pictures on The Friday's Facebook page. Here's 4 ruins.
You've got the same pic twice there!

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
For anyone, such as @kimble and @EatSleepRideRepeat who might camp, I've just had a short ride round the campsite, which is about 10 minutes flat ride on good tarmac into the cathedral square, which will be Fridays Central.

The campsite looks immaculate, with neatly cut hedges about waist height dividing the pitches, newish loo blocks, it's a completely flat area so no sloping pitches, and generally looks very well cared for. The caveat is that this is May and you might be there in July.

There is a gi-normous Super U hypermarket about 200 metres away, open until 7.30pm.

€12 per night for tents such as igloos and "Canadiens" whatever that means. Motorhomes and caravans would each have their own pitch. It's here and this is the website.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Those who have filled in the form to say they are coming have been invited into a CC conversation, if you want to be in it, fill in the form.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
Day 5 of the Tour Recce was a nostalgic affair. The last time I did a recce on Ascension Day was with His Leggship @dellzeqq. It was the recce for the Chateau Tour and we rode to the NW side of the Cotentin Peninsula and down the coast on empty roads. After 100km we reached a café that was open.....

And the second nostalgic moment today also involved Simon as he once led us (perhaps that same Tour? No: it was another, shorter jaunt from Cherbourg to Dieppe via Bayeux and Honfleur) to the Bac De Quillbeuf

Pictures are on Facebook.....

Last edited:

Janefinch

well I filled out the form ages ago and am getting special emails but no updates from any of these conversations. What haven't I done correctly?

Tacey

Über Member
Not you not doing something @Janefinch : I have just added you to the Conversation The French Leave: hopefully that will sort it out for you.
Hey there, am gathering stuff before getting the train to Fratton for ferry tonight and I'm in the same boat (so to speak) as Jane - I haven't been getting cyclechat posts either. Normally I wouldn't complain about the lack of inbox traffic about panniers, farts, etc. but anyway, Gordon, can you please add me?

Tacey

Über Member
Email due to go out soon to those who have signed up on the form on the website. We're moving the planning into pretty detailed stuff and want to ask opinions of those coming on the tour. There's also a conversation elsewhere on CC, into which you'll be invited if you're coming along.
I'm sure I filled in one of these but just in case have done this just now.:smile:

Top Bottom