FNRttC The Fridays' Tour, 2018

Would you like a centre-based Tour in a town in France in July?

• Yes

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
71 years old
73 in June

Gordon P

Day 2 done. Monday is market day in Pont L'Évêque so we headed there along a flattish road, quite busy for France until a side road leading to the Autoroute. We explored a hilly option into the town - pretty, rural, nothing like yesterday's gradient but a long drag for a glorious descent.
Market interesting but surprisingly not particularly cheesy, not like Dutch cheese town markets. Coffee!
On to Cormeilles mostly along a fast road. Chain gangs may form.
In Cormeilles we propose booking a tour of the largest Calvados distillery: €2 for 1½ hours incl. tasting.
Good route back to Lisieux.

Gordon P

Worth noting that you will need 2 water bottles, appropriate gears and minimum 25mm tyres - some road surfaces have less than 100% integrity

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Don't forget that tomorrow and Thursday are public holidays.

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
Mine is the same. It's a Condor speciality, no clearance and toeclip overlap in all sizes.
Anyhow, fat tyres are just a fashion statement.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
25mm....that's a long way from being fat these days. The 35mms on my Litespeed are skinny compared to some!

Gordon P

Alex joined us today from the night boat Portsmouth-Caen. As today was Victory Day - a national holiday - and the first day of the tour is also a national holiday, Bastille Day, he checked opening times for food shopping. The results are better than you feared and will be shared in due course.

We started the Recce at 1, but as it's a national holiday traffic conditions are completely not as normal.

Houlgate was very busy. Apart from one testing climb early on it will be the descents that are memorable. And the countryside.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Alex joined us today from the night boat Portsmouth-Caen. As today was Victory Day - a national holiday - and the first day of the tour is also a national holiday, Bastille Day, he checked opening times for food shopping. The results are better than you feared and will be shared in due course.

We started the Recce at 1, but as it's a national holiday traffic conditions are completely not as normal.

Houlgate was very busy. Apart from one testing climb early on it will be the descents that are memorable. And the countryside.
Point of order: no-one in France calls it Bastille Day. C'est La Fête Nationale. Didn't know that myself till recently. Splendid news about shopping.

Top Bottom