FNRttC The Fridays' Tour, 2018

Would you like a centre-based Tour in a town in France in July?

• Yes

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Quite a few have signed up for the email updates only recently so will have missed the Tour details: there'll be an update soonish.
You have another contact via the website form with an observation you might want to address reasonably swiftly.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm sticking with the ferries I've already booked via Caen. Riding from Cherbourg to Lisieux doesn't appeal that much, as as for the end of the week, I am not going to miss that gig! Remember that mad rush after Bordeaux all too well…

StuAff

Does anyone know what is likely to be open in Lisieux on 18 July? I'd like to know if I need to bring my dinner with me.......

StuAff

Those planning to cross the channel on the night of Friday July 13, or in the day of Saturday July 14 will be pleased to note they'll be free during the day of Friday July 13, and so will be able to take part in the anti Trump demonstrations.
....still hoping someone can answer the question, 'What will be open on Fete Nationale?'......

StuAff

Rien.
Then it's Sunday, when everything is closed.
As Bastille Day is on a Saturday, many places will close Monday.
And presumably those which usually close Monday will close Tuesday.
Wednesday there may be a national strike.

Bring sandwiches.
Ta. That's what I thought. Was planning to have lunch on the ferry anyway, but I'll bring sarnies for my dinner......

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
'What will be open on Fete Nationale?'......
That's what recces are for. We'll ask.
I suspect either the entire town will be partying and everything is open ..... or not.

I cycled down the Loire years ago in May - travelled on the Friday, Saturday all the shops shut at lunchtime as it was special weekend, then everything was shut on Sunday, and most things were shut on Monday for Ascension Day. Tuesday was OK and Wednesday was Victory in Europe Day. I nearly starved to death.

StuAff

That's what recces are for. We'll ask.
I suspect either the entire town will be partying and everything is open ..... or not.

I cycled down the Loire years ago in May - travelled on the Friday, Saturday all the shops shut at lunchtime as it was special weekend, then everything was shut on Sunday, and most things were shut on Monday for Ascension Day. Tuesday was OK and Wednesday was Victory in Europe Day. I nearly starved to death.
Memories of my solo mini-tour in Belgium, May 2015, when the rest of the Fridays were in Normandy. On the Monday, I got a train to Ypres, intending to ride all the way back to Brussels. Went over the border to Roubaix (velodrome, natch), then back into Belgium. Unfortunately, it was one of the saints' days. Nothing open at all either side of the border (with hindsight, I'd have done some shopping in Brussels or used the hotel's packed lunch offer). Lunch was a doughnut and a waffle from Oudenaarde station. There was a Carrefour Express open in Aalst, but by then I had lost the will to continue and bailed for a train. Carbs reloaded at Fin de Siecle, just for a change....

Top Bottom