FNRttC The Fridays' Tour, 2018

Discussion in 'CycleChat and Recreational Rides' started by mmmmartin, 1 Oct 2017.

?
  1. Yes

2. Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. OP
    OP
    mmmmartin

mmmmartin Random geezer

Current plan is that people might cross the channel overnight on the Saturday night. So no ride on the last Saturday. Hence the Friday is the last day.
    Some may stay on, but I think nostril travel home on the Saturday.
    This is because if folk rent a house for a week it'll be from the Saturday night to the Saturday morning, so they'll have to leave their rented house on the Saturday, then travel home.
    So Friday is the last day.
    And I would guess Friday evening would be The Last Supper.

2. Tacey

Tacey Well-Known Member

Well it appears the decision might have been made for me. It looks like it's impossible to go Lisieux-St Malo on the Sunday, so we'll be say au revoir on the Saturday, last supper or no!

3. Tacey

Tacey Well-Known Member

Closer inspection shows something amiss with trains Lisieux-Caen on 22/7. I can't tell if this is because the french intercity site doesn't take bookings this far ahead or whether there are engineering works or something as trainline.eu shows bookings for the complete journey lisieux/caen/dol/st malo on 21/7 or 23/7. Could be worth checking out if anyone is planning on going to Caen on the Sunday.

4. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

If trainline use the same system as voyages-sncf then that randomly loses trains and does all kinds of strange stuff. All Lisieux-Caen trains currently on bahn.de:

So, 22.07.2018
    08:51
    09:25
    0:34 TER

11:09
    11:36
    0:27 TER

11:28
    11:53
    0:25 IC

13:09
    13:36

13:28
    13:53

16:28
    16:53

17:09
    17:36

17:51
    18:24
    0:33 TER

19:16
    19:43

ETA: most of them are TER which can't be booked. Turn up and ride.

Last edited: 10 Feb 2018
  5. srw

srw It's a bit more complicated than that...

Whose turn is it to be Judas?

ianmac62 and Fab Foodie like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    mmmmartin

mmmmartin Random geezer

It's your job to bring a few loaves and fishes. I'll get someone else to bring some water.

theclaud and srw like this.
  7. User1252

User1252 Guest

You might need to re-read your Bible

8. TinyMyNewt

TinyMyNewt An execrable pun

Please can we keep the religious bullshit out of this?

StuAff likes this.
  9. OMG

OMG Veteran

Will confirm my participation as soon as I will solve things related to work but basically I should be with @Fab Foodie.

theclaud likes this.
  10. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

A few thoughts & questions....

Martin posted on FB that the audax-type ride might not be happening a month back. I think this was before I got my bookings sorted though…and suffice to say I've been playing around with route ideas for 100 miles or thereabouts, all welcome to join me.

All the mention of food itself brings the thought to mind…Buffalo Grill for first or last supper, anyone?

Also: Anyone have any knowledge of what will be open on 14 July? I assume the boulangeries will be, but what about bars & restaurants…I'll probably have lunch on the boat, but if I need to bring a sandwich for tea I'd like to be forewarned.

Anyone travelling on the same ferries as me (0815 to Ouistreham on the 14th, 1700 from Le Havre on the 21st)? I will of course be riding, SNCF options are lots of faffage.

11. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

..... well I’ve now got the transport....
    Fuel and accomodation costs estimated, just need to look at ferries from Dover to Calais :-)

12. Fab Foodie

Help, help.... we’re being oppressed....

jiberjaber, srw and mmmmartin like this.
  13. StuAff

Don't look at ferries, book ferries! :smile:

mmmmartin and Fab Foodie like this.
  14. StuAff

Speaking of which…which way are you likely to go over and back? Newhaven? Dover?

15. Fab Foodie

Dover, it’s on the doorstep.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice