FNRttC The Fridays' Tour, 2018

Discussion in 'CycleChat and Recreational Rides' started by mmmmartin, 1 Oct 2017.

?
  1. Yes

2. Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Apols for thread diversion! We looked at a similar Autocruise and nearly bought one. I liked the compactness. But for us it lacked the storage space for outdoor chairs n stuff. We also wanted to store our Bromptone inboard. The s/h (like new) Bailey was perfect, loads of space and Alde heating hopefully will make it great for winter usage too. We need our money’s worth!!!!

Back to the Friday’s tour, I did my first last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Relaxed, great company, well organised, lovely routes and good beer a plenty. What’s not to like?

Last edited: 26 Jan 2018
    ianmac62 and videoman like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    mmmmartin

mmmmartin Random geezer

Go ahead and divert. Campervans are interesting.
    There appears to be a decent campsite in Lisieux, and the recce will check it out and report back.

3. Fab Foodie

Fab!
    How many camping peeps are there? Plan B would be bring car and tent....

4. EatSleepRideRepeat

EatSleepRideRepeat AKA Martin from Wales

I will be camping, under canvas that is.....Lisieux campsite doesn't seem to have a booking system, please prove me wrong someone.

5. OP
    OP
    mmmmartin

mmmmartin Random geezer

You are correct. As a bonus the link to go to the website for the campsite returns you to exactly the same website you start from.
    I have emailed them. I expect no reply whatsoever. The tourist office will surely not open for months and no one will think to look at the inbox. The recce will pay a visit.

6. OP
    OP
    mmmmartin

mmmmartin Random geezer

Possibly @kimble

Fab Foodie likes this.
  7. Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.

Apologies I cannot make it this year due to lack of leave :sad: It's my retirement year and I'm only working 7 months of the financial year so not entitled to much time off. Therefore I will keep abreast of your activities via CC and updates from @Fab Foodie .

8. Fab Foodie

Eh?
    What goes on tour, stays on tour!

ianmac62 and Hill Wimp like this.
  9. mgs315

mgs315 Well-Known Member

Paid subs regardless but only intend to do the August 17th down to Whitstable if I can. Alas too much on for the early part of the year (small matter of getting married and all that stuff).

ianmac62 and mmmmartin like this.
  10. Fab Foodie

Lack of dedication, clearly.....

ianmac62 and mgs315 like this.
  11. srw

srw It's a bit more complicated than that...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...gallery.html?propertyId=70303388&photoIndex=6

Sorry - I'm being unfair. There are many things in favour of motorhomes, but I have investigated in enough detail to know that for us the financial and practical downsides far outweigh any possible benefit.

I can see that might be different for someone else.

ianmac62 and theclaud like this.
  12. Fab Foodie

@Hill Wimp can tell you of every property for sale in the Outer Hebs as well! We have some plans of which the Motorhome plays a significant part.

Clearly we have different cost-benefit algorithms....

Last edited: 27 Jan 2018
    ianmac62 and theclaud like this.
  13. ianmac62

ianmac62 Veteran

Not like!

Cuir ris an Eilean Giogha gu Na h-Eileanan Siar agus tha mi ag èisteachd.

Hill Wimp likes this.
  14. Fab Foodie

Go to bed Ian, you’re pissed!

jiberjaber and ianmac62 like this.
  15. OP
    OP
    mmmmartin

mmmmartin Random geezer

ach gu cinnteach tha taighean fìor mhath ri fhaighinn anns an Fhraing airson prìs coltach ris? agus cha leigeadh tu a bhith a 'fulang geamhraidhean eadar-dhealaichte na h-Alba no na meanbh-chuileagan as t-samhradh.

ianmac62 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice