FNRttC The Fridays' Tour, 2018

Would you like a centre-based Tour in a town in France in July?

• Yes

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Those planning to cross the channel on the night of Friday July 13, or in the day of Saturday July 14 will be pleased to note they'll be free during the day of Friday July 13, and so will be able to take part in the anti Trump demonstrations.
Should we organise a meet-up?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
There's a Buffalo Grill and a McDonald's near your hotel. No one ever starved on a Fridays Tour.
... yet.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
IMG_20180504_221253855.jpg
Waterloo and Three Bridges to Portsmouth, then to the ferry (lots of Young People boisterously happy!).
The Friday's Tour Recce is underway

Attachments

• IMG_20180504_183745521.jpg
    IMG_20180504_183745521.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Gordon P

Day 1 of the Tour Recce produced a 75km circuit via St Pierre sur Dives and Livarot. See Facebook for pictures. Route will need some tweaking. Currently it includes a Ditching and a Bury Hill as well as a 2 hour lunch spot. Not all eiwi be eliminated

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Day 1 of the Tour Recce produced a 75km circuit via St Pierre sur Dives and Livarot. See Facebook for pictures. Route will need some tweaking. Currently it includes a Ditching and a Bury Hill as well as a 2 hour lunch spot. Not all eiwi be eliminated
A Ditching and a Bury Hill? In 75km? Have you gone to the IOW by mistake?

:smile:

Gordon P

There's a 10% climb out of Lisieux which could mean walking up 350m for some and, later, a 7% hill that went on for some time.

Gordon P

If anyone is interested in accommodation, our gîte is quite lovely. 6 flat kms out of town. 2 bedrooms and a comfortable sofa, sleeps 3-6 depending on how intimate your friendship is. No WiFi but reasonable phone signal.

Gordon P

Not so. It's the terrain. Think plateau with rivers eroding valleys where the towns are so you have to climb 150-200m back up to get anywhere

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
There's a 10% climb out of Lisieux which could mean walking up 350m for some and, later, a 7% hill that went on for some time.
Having done a bit of virtual route planning those elevation stats don't surprise me. Very South Downs-ish.

Top Bottom