The Fridays Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had another thought and then decided that now was not the time. It concerned shorts. And mintyarselard
As it happens, mintyarselard is on my mind. Just finished monster tub of one well-known brand's offerings in that department, not 100% happy.... or, at least I'm willing to see if I can find something I like better. Will be canvassing opinions on rides over coming months. You've been warned.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
As it happens, mintyarselard is on my mind. Just finished monster tub of one well-known brand's offerings in that department, not 100% happy.... or, at least I'm willing to see if I can find something I like better. Will be canvassing opinions on rides over coming months. You've been warned.
I scraped the last remaining traces of my Assos mintyarselard out of the tub on Saturday morning and am now using the tub for my collection of spare cleat screws. (How sad am I?)

I too would like to know what the best bottom butter is...

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Well I don't use it (MAL). Mainly because, as Claude never tires of telling people, my arse is like two billiard balls in a sock. But I returned home yesterday with a big welt on my derriere - the result of starting the day by riding forty or so miles in to the rain on dirty roads, and then riding another seventy miles, and then hanging around for hours in wet shorts...

So my point was really about the shorts (or 3/4s or longs). As in clean shorts every day, and shorts that fit snugly - tricky since some of us might be shedding a few pounds along the way - rather than wander around. But, as srw detected, I couldn't really think of a genteel way of putting it.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
At what point with Shaun suggest a separate sub form for all the threads, documents, etc., this Tour will spawn between now and the off?

rb58

Enigma
Saturday 23rd Wick http://www.mackayshotel.co.uk Greg, Adrian Twin room
As you two fine gentleman are booked in to that establishment, I've booked a room too. I was persuaded by its status as a 'Whisky Embassy'. So, I'm all sorted now.

Simon - do you need us all to send you a list of where we're staying to record on some kind of world plan spreadsheet? Or perhaps a big map with little flags that can be moved around as room get traded?

Cayopro

I too am hoping to take FULL advantage of the breakfast option as its paid for and don't really want to set off on an empty stomach !!!!! Could get VERY grumpy too.... ;-)

I scraped the last remaining traces of my Assos mintyarselard out of the tub on Saturday morning and am now using the tub for my collection of spare cleat screws. (How sad am I?)

I too would like to know what the best bottom butter is...
I was always an Arsos user, but have switched to Sportique after Wiggle had some travel sized tubes for cheap in a sale, and it's really good.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Well I don't use it (MAL). Mainly because, as Claude never tires of telling people, my arse is like two billiard balls in a sock. But I returned home yesterday with a big welt on my derriere - the result of starting the day by riding forty or so miles in to the rain on dirty roads, and then riding another seventy miles, and then hanging around for hours in wet shorts...
You know, I can think of something that might help with that problem.
http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...a=X&ei=vYAZT5bkMYK98gORgKmYCw&ved=0CEEQ8gIwAQ#

On the subject of MAL - I'd keep all of those thoughts in one place for the moment, and circulate a month or so before the off to give people time to remember them and do something.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I would like to have a list, if only because I may have to start looking around for new accommodation, and it would help to know where people are. I'm not sure that we'll all want a record of where we're staying up on the internet.

Top Bottom