The Fridays Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
1689314 said:
Staying in a whisky embassy, with Gurls, with my reputation? Well ding dong.
You are the 13th Duke of Wybourne and ICMFP

Tim Hall

Camping at the pub first night booked.

Sorry, to clarify (and combined with Dellz's announcement upthread about Shelford), does this mean camping isn't possible at Shelford, which was my plan for the first night but that you know of, and have booked a pub with campsite for the first night? Care to share the details?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
pub camping without facilities at Car Colston. Otherwise cheap doubles available at Yeung Sing and at Whatton

e-mail to follow

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Looks like no rooms left there...
did you ring them up? The website is just silly. I spoke to them less than 30 minutes ago.....

Sketchley

Über Member
did you ring them up? The website is just silly. I spoke to them less than 30 minutes ago.....

No just the website. I've found a couple of nice guest houses that I'm waiting to here back on re bike storage they are quite a bit cheaper. The whiskey bar was tempting, but we can come drink there with you then go back to guest house.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
just for my own records - breakfast at Corbridge
Cafe No, 6
6 Market Place, Corbridge, Northumberland, NE45 5AW
01434 634 356 Oliver and Libby

Re: Sat morning breakfast on the tour.
I've just been up to the Salcey Forest cafe and enquired about the possibility of them opening early for the tours first breakfast.
I did not have the exact dates with me as I changed today cycle route and happened to be passing.
But they said they where happy to open early for the likes of bacon/sausage butties and tea as they have done that type of thing in the past.
If interested and its not going to be to far off route, its a couple of miles off the B526, give then a e-mail/phone call with more info on dates, times and numbers.
Web page -> http://www.salceyforestcafe.com/
Here -> http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=52.157243,-0.840025&spn=0.000105,0.070295&hnear=Sywell, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom&t=m&z=14&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=52.157317,-0.839971&panoid=-T_RnkAKzss8XlMP9_wBsA&cbp=12,331.59,,0,-2.91
I didn't enquire if they had the keys to the loo's or if they could get them.

Simon, I've sent you an e-mail with most of the same info.
Hope this helps ......... :biggrin:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Oh, and I'm still planning to ride up from Lands End the week before if anyone is interested. I've decided to do the CTC 'fast' route to Exeter, then work my way up to London from there (tips on Exeter to London routing will be welcome). Thinking about an early start from Lands End on Monday morning, arriving in London on Thursday evening - giving me a night at home and a rest day for laundry etc. before the start of LonJoG.

Cheers
Ross

I toured back from there in September and have routes, PM me if you need to help.

As per my e-mail to Simon and my intentions, I still wish to do this and will camp it. All subject to the previously stated possible Olympics games maker training commitments, which it seems will possibly be fine and subject to getting my foot sorted, as I've possibly torn ligament damage on the left one, MRI due soon.

However, I've seen no mention of cycling it back yet? 29 pages in too... I am looking at cycling back slowly to York and then train it back (as that bits boring) in time for the night ride to Brighton. Any takers, let me know, ta.

Top Bottom