FNRttC The Fridays' - Windsor to Winchester Night Ride - Friday 13th March 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm looking forward to an out-of-town start.

There may be those for whom an FNRttC just wouldn't be right without a few hours of suburban drudge and being shouted at by drunks as a warm-up, but I don't think I'm one of those.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Just as a matter of interest what would be an average mph for such a ride ?
Hard to say. My average moving speed on these generally comes out at around say 20kmh or about 12mph. But it will be quicker for those public spirited (and fit) types who do a turn marking a junction then when the end of the ride arrives ride to the front and do it again. And it will be slower for others. The whole ride shops periodically to regroup.

But it varies from ride to ride. Terrain, weather, who is there, how many punctures, mercury retrograde in uranus ... all sorts of things.

ozboz

Guru
Believe me I’m not a speedster !
I’ve fancied doing one of the Friday night rides for some time , this sounds good and at a pace I can handle , iI’ll sign up for it , but some times my work gets in the way of social activity, in the meantime I will keep on the lookout for posts on this thread 😉

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Just been to sign up , I do not do PayPal , is there another way to pay this £2 , I am an LCC member 152737 ,
I could be wrong but I don’t think you need an actual PayPal account to send funds via the link. There seems to be an option (button on the left) to enter credit or debit card details, although the payment is still processed by PayPal. It’s only two quid, so hardly worth giving the good people that organise the club an additional admin burden.

ozboz

Guru
I could be wrong but I don’t think you need an actual PayPal account to send funds via the link. There seems to be an option (button on the left) to enter credit or debit card details, although the payment is still processed by PayPal. It’s only two quid, so hardly worth giving the good people that organise the club an additional admin burden.
I did go that route but it still came up to go through PayPal, I’ll give it another go ,

ozboz

Guru
I’ve just tried it again ,it does say pay with debit/credit but automatically links you to PayPal to open an account , so that’s a no go for me ,

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've had this problem. The way it is set up you must have a PayPal a/c to pay by the link. For audaxes I've found this isn't the case but for the Fridays it is.

To get around this problem I have in the past paid my £2 membership in cash to the ride leader, but now I have bank a/c details and do that way.

Top Bottom