FNRttC The Fridays' - Windsor to Winchester Night Ride - Friday 13th March 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
Ok then , so I turn up in Windsor and bring along my LCC Membership card and £2 coin , who is the ride leader btw, just so we are on the same page
Hi, I will send you the account details,so you can send you £2. Look out for a PM.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Good morning peeps. Been a long time I know... Still out of action alas... However, following this thread; and as I live very close to the start of this ride too, I can come down, say hi, and be on bike guard duty till the off no problems.
Well, well well, if isn't @Davywalnuts - how great to hear from you. I'm busy elsewhere on the night of this ride so won't see you but it's good to hear from you. Hope you're well.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'll be going out from Waterloo to Windsor and Eaton riverside. I'm assuming there are no problems taking bikes on this route, especially going outbound from London on a Friday evening when things will be quiet.

However National Rail are a bit equivocal about the need for reservations. "Reservation required? X No". (ah good, but now read on) ... Reservations Compulsory. WTF?

1584007686014.png

The South Western Railway Cycle Policy link at the bottom is broken. But I went to https://www.southwesternrailway.com/travelling-with-us/travelling-with-a-bike and didn't see anything to worry me. I'm planning on taking my grown up bike, not the Brompton.

Hullo fellow Wind-Winc riders (well, I've registered …) Couple of questions in case there are people here who know.

Firstly, the rendezvous, which is down as the Cinnamon Café - this appears to close at 6pm. So i'm guessing there is nowhere vending hot drinks/food at 2330h (but it looks to be in a small mall, so sheltered from the elements). True?

Also, can anyone confirm that this route recently created by our glorious leader is (probably) the actual plan:
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/32094238

TA! Matty (the once-every-2-years-Friday-night-rider).

Last edited:

AlexB

Veteran
Trains from Waterloo to Windsor are fine for bikes or of rush hour. I've done it many times. I'll be on the 22:08 if you want company.

Top Bottom