FNRttC The Fridays' - Windsor to Winchester Night Ride - Friday 13th March 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GetFatty

Über Member
Honda Nc750s.. Great commuting bike, fantastic in fact. Just ordered a Swytch conversion for the Brompton though so may start to be able to get my legs working again soon..

Anyhow, that was great to see fellow nutters riding off into the sunrise, great buzz from it has been obtained. Hopefully I didn't bring the weather gods wrath...

I saw a cyclist, Seamus I think his name was, just miss the leave by no more than a minute.. I didn't pay attention to the ride route so hopefully I didn't send him the wrong way and he's all caught up now.

Enjoy peeps!
Just watch out for those kerbs in the car parks. They can leap out at you when you least expect it...… ^_^

I really enjoyed riding with a smaller crowd (although there is something magical about a massive bunch of ameliable riders cruising through the night!). I find it easier to chat and get to know people with that sort of number. Plus I do tend to try and keep track of where I am in the group - ride leading instincts don't go away - so that uses up a lot of mental energy (for no reason!) in a really big group.

OOI: what is a typical DNS rate on Fridays rides?

14 attendees would have been like the good old days around 2006! Back then we used to get to Brighton shortly after 6 am.
Don't trust my memory, but I think my first was April 2007 to Brighton? (the start of a slippery slope ending at PBP …)
We had a LOT more than 14! Dunno exact number, but I suspect the recent Oxford ride I did was much bigger.

Seems like just last week … /oldfart

Don't trust my memory, but I think my first was April 2007 to Brighton? (the start of a slippery slope ending at PBP …)
We had a LOT more than 14! Dunno exact number, but I suspect the recent Oxford ride I did was much bigger.

Seems like just last week … /oldfart
I've got a picture from August 2006, which I think was my second one. Single figures for the total, but then it started snowballing in size. I think the most we've had was 114.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
If I recall correctly, my debut in May 2009 had 92. Smallest official ride would have been one of the 'superspeedy' runs to Harwich, limited to 16 due to Simon's inexplicable fondness for complicated expensive small ferry journeys when there's a perfectly good road…my IOW runs have never got near double figures, the most I think we've had is seven. And there have been a few overnight runs with three or four…

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Emsworth, April 2012, was 15 people - and the unhappy thread is still available. Not planned to be that small, but the weather was vile, vile, vile.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Emsworth, April 2012, was 15 people - and the unhappy thread is still available. Not planned to be that small, but the weather was vile, vile, vile.
Oops forgot that one. Dreadful weather, the ******** driver on the 259…

Top Bottom