The future of bicycle gearing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I tried a 40t expander last week ,32 narrow wide front.
you lose the 17 at the back and it makes the gear ratios crap..superstar version.
im back on 2x10 and will be staying there..the sram cassette will be even at least
You can get a 16t ultegra cog of you shop round. Take out the 15 and 17 and replace with a 16.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
You can get a 16t ultegra cog of you shop round. Take out the 15 and 17 and replace with a 16.
Don;t the folk who do the mech cages make one?

D

Deleted member 1258

I spend most of my riding time on a bike with only one gear, when I do get my bike with gears out I don't go any faster.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Proper road bikes. I have an mtb with wider ratios. It's tedious and 'orrible on the road because of the jumps between gears, but then it's only a toy.
Proper mountain bikes. I have a road bike with close ratios. It's tedious and 'orrible and UTTERLY USELESS off the road because of the narrowness of the gear range, amongst other things, but then it's only a toy. :tongue:

D

Deleted member 23692

Superstar are doing narrow/wide chainrings for CX bikes now, so even they can now have the simple reliability of a 1x drivetrain too

http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/cyclocross-io-chainring-narrow-wide-style.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom