The future of this forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brock

I don't know about 'gravitational wells' or 'retroactive assimilation', but I do know bunkraider is unpleasant to browse. CycleChat seems much more conducive to relaxing banter, community spirit and a generally pleasant atmosphere. Even more so now you've shown up Ravenbait. :eek: I'll be your booga!

Keith Oates

Janner
As happens very often Ravenbait is right, let's worry about improving this already very good forum and let any others look after themselves!!!!!!!!

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Ravenbait,

(goes into grovel mode) ... I may not have mentioned you but your cyber omniprescience is of course taken for granted. (And if that's not an original bit of advanced sycophancy, I don't know what is.)

You're right about not trying to make things difficult for BR. I think a few people originally felt bitter but that sentiment is probably rapidly evaporating. Future cocked up, badly, and there has been a parting of the ways. The initial and understandable response has been to effectively recreate what was liked about C+ and I reckon that what should happen over the next few weeks and months is that this place should feel it's way in a direction with which everybody is happy and so establish its own identity. What is really good is that most of the sentiment expressed so far is that it should remain a friendly place. I don't think it should regard itself as being in competition with anywhere else. If it is good it will be complementary to other places and we can be very content with that if we achieve it.

From the first page on this topic:-

Yorkshireman said:
Oldlegs said:
Shaun et al,

This is not a war and if it was this site would not win (victory goes to the big battalions - sad but how it works).

BR are in a mess just now but realistically they are going to get the site sorted soon and then they will have the flow of beginners from the mags and Google to build a new community.

To be honest the negative feel of threads like this is inclining me to go back to BR and try to get it working again. Weird given the circumstances but true.

Spot on "Oldlegs". There`s plenty of room for both places on t`inernet, and there`s nowt wrong with a bit of choice anyway, let`s just `get on with it` when-ever and where-ever we all are :laugh: "Onwards and Upwards!" :eek:

So, I think that we`ve done the circuit now ... :blush:

There's bugger all we can do to hurt BR, even if we wanted to. There's not much point trying. But we can still learn from the mistakes made by BR and other fora. It's about making sure this place evolves in the right direction. Given time we won't be referring to ourselves in terms of how we compare to anywhere else.

I'm not sure this place will ever amount to much

:whistle::thumbsup:^_^

Good grief TVC, this has to be a thread resurrection record.

Interesting though eh.

Top Bottom