The Garmin Edge 820 has arrived

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattobrien

Guru
I want one of those. Just need to see where I can actually buy one (at a good price).

They appear to be available to order from Garmin at £330 for the base unit, but as soon as wiggle get them there's 12% off to be had. Hmm...

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
should be in UK shops on 17th July
the 820 costs £330 full list price; the Explore 820 version is a bit cheaper (not sure why anyone would buy this option though)

broady

Veteran
should be in UK shops on 17th July
the 820 costs £330 full list price; the Explore 820 version is a bit cheaper (not sure why anyone would buy this option though)

I have just sold the full 1000 and kept the 1000 explore as I wasn't using the extra functions and found the explorer to be a bit quicker.
If I get Di2 or a power meter then I might get another full 1000

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I agree with the guy who commented on DC Rainmaker's blog, saying that it would be nice to have an 'adventure' version that was thicker and heavier, but with quadruple the battery life.

Post #95 on that same blog is interesting, too.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I want one of those. Just need to see where I can actually buy one (at a good price).

They appear to be available to order from Garmin at £330 for the base unit, but as soon as wiggle get them there's 12% off to be had. Hmm...

If you can hold out a while longer then I suspect a lot of retailers will be pumping them out significantly cheaper than £330. I get a partner discount with Garmin and the price I see the 820 and 820 bundle being sold at launch is very low.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I've heard it said that seeing the mapping on the 820 is quite hard . I find it tough enough on the 1000 although i did have a great day out following the map back to my home from about 30 miles away . I didn't have a clue where i was until i popped out about 3miles from my house .

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I may be being thick, but im missing the main differences between the two

Top Bottom