'The Glorious First'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Postman married a lass from Goosnargh.Part of Lancashire.
Is that why the son likes Manchester?

PaulB

Legendary Member
How many European Cups have been won by teams from Yorkshire? Conclusion? Lancashire is superior.

classic33

Leg End Member
How many European Cups have been won by teams from Yorkshire? Conclusion? Lancashire is superior.
If it weren't for Yorkshire, and the work done on a garden shed in the West Riding, there'd have been no "European Cup

PaulB

Legendary Member
[I would guess that?] More than 50% of players in Lancashire teams that have won European Cups were not born in Lancashire, therefore the rest of the world is superior! :laugh:

Well let's look at the first one (in colour) shall we?

GK1 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Ray ClemenceRB2 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Phil NealCB4 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Tommy SmithCB6 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Emlyn Hughes (c)LB3 23px-Flag_of_Wales_%281959%E2%80%93present%29.svg.png Joey JonesRM10 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Ian CallaghanCM8 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Jimmy CaseCM11 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Terry McDermottLM5 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Ray KennedySS7 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Kevin KeeganCF9 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Steve HeighwaySubstitutes:GK12 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Peter McDonnellFW13 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png David FaircloughFW14 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png David JohnsonMF15 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Alan WaddleDF16 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Alec LindsayManager: 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Bob Paisley

classic33

Leg End Member

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
When I first came to England I volunteered in a pet rescue charity shop for a while.
One day a couple brought a teapot to the counter and put it down, I said “3 pounds please”
Chap: ”I’ll give you 2 pounds for it”
Me: “Sorry, I can’t give discounts”
Woman: “We’re from Shipley and we pride ourselves on never paying full price...”
Not only tight enough to cheat a kitten of its supper but proud of it.

classic33

Leg End Member
When I first came to England I volunteered in a pet rescue charity shop for a while.
One day a couple brought a teapot to the counter and put it down, I said “3 pounds please”
Chap: ”I’ll give you 2 pounds for it”
Me: “Sorry, I can’t give discounts”
Woman: “We’re from Shipley and we pride ourselves on never paying full price...”
Not only tight enough to cheat a kitten of its supper but proud of it.
Wherever they claimed to be from, there's no need for that.

It sounds like an excuse, it's not intended as one, but we've too many trying to live up to something that they see on the telly.

Can't like your post for the above reason.

Top Bottom