The Great Cyclechat Jersey Relay - Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
postman said:
Cannot stop thinking of your ride in Berwick after seeing it on the news recently.It looks a gorgeous place to cycle.I am thinking of talking to my mate see if he fancies a couple of days away from home. A long weekend b&b near there.

It's great cycling country - hilly in parts (most parts!) but the odd flatter ride along the coast - and the hills are mainly short and sharp, so you get up pretty quickly, and then it's Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee down the other side.

Good cafes: The Oxford Tearooms, (closed Mondays), the Honey Farm Bus Cafe (open in Spring/summer at least)... There are others, I'll tell you when I remember them...

Ranger

Hairy Jock said:
Fnaar
Would you be willing to cycle as far north as Berwick? Or Coldstream, we could do the hand over on the border?

It could do the rounds of Edinburgh and then I can drop it off with Tete (if he tells me which tower of the bridge he lives under) to take up to Noodley

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Ranger said:
It could do the rounds of Edinburgh and then I can drop it off with Tete (if he tells me which tower of the bridge he lives under) to take up to Noodley

I hope so...

Amanda P

Legendary Member
postman said:
Cannot stop thinking of your ride in Berwick after seeing it on the news recently.It looks a gorgeous place to cycle.I am thinking of talking to my mate see if he fancies a couple of days away from home. A long weekend b&b near there.

Now there's a thing. My work's taking me there tomorrow and Friday and I was thinking of staying on for the weekend... with a bike in my van.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
ArDee said:
I'm in North Hertfordshire as well, at Buntingford, could pick up from the Doctor and drop of to somebody, can I join in?

Excellent!

*slaps head at stupidity of forgetting to recommend the Lavender Tea Rooms, in Etal, nr Berwick*. Under new ownership since I was last there, but I think it should still be good.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
ArDee said:
I'm in North Hertfordshire as well, at Buntingford, could pick up from the Doctor and drop of to somebody, can I join in?

Hi ArDee, that sounds like a plan. You're about 12 miles from me or so.
Paulus is in as well, but he's a bit further south than us.
we'll bash something together once it starts heading up towards us.
*needs to get fitter*

Tetedelacourse

I switch my tower of habitation at vernal equinox so it will depend when you want to get rid Ranger old bean.

The abolition of tolls has seen property prices on the bridge plummet sadly.

Is there some way I could do my part in this - cycle it into London from Guildford once Barq and I have had a scribble on it?

ChrisKH

Guru
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Is there some way I could do my part in this - cycle it into London from Guildford once Barq and I have had a scribble on it?

I'm sure there's a few of us in London who can take it off your hands for the next bit.

Tynan

Veteran
yello said:
It'd be a hell of a ride but I'm in! Anyone fancy riding down towards Limoges!

hey Yello, I've got a place in Payzac about an hour South from you, me and you can 'do France'

yello

You're around 150km south of me! I'm about 100km north of Limoges.

I note Arch is heading this way... maybe we can have a French leg??

Top Bottom