The Great Cyclechat Jersey Relay - Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tomb1960

Based in Birmingham, I could do Birmingham to anywhere within say 30 miles or the other way round of course.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
postman said:
My mate has said he will ride with me to York.So can someone get it to Leeds.

And I'll recieve in York if I can... Perhaps in cahoots with Mickle, Spandex and DannyG. I/We could take it on to Uncle Phil perhaps?

postman

Legendary Member
That is brill Arch.How about an exchange on the steps of The Minster?We could look at something old worn down with age in need of tlc been hit by passing of time.Anyway less about me.Pass on the jersey on the steps of The Minster.Could be photographed by the Yanks and Japanese.Went out on wednesday there was a little nip in the air.Sorry can i say that?.Looking forward to this.We could meet our handover in Leeds city centre.Everyone knows The Queens Hotel.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
postman said:
That is brill Arch.How about an exchange on the steps of The Minster?We could look at something old worn down with age in need of tlc been hit by passing of time.Anyway less about me.Pass on the jersey on the steps of The Minster.Could be photographed by the Yanks and Japanese.Went out on wednesday there was a little nip in the air.Sorry can i say that?.Looking forward to this.We could meet our handover in Leeds city centre.Everyone knows The Queens Hotel.

Steps of Minster is good! Not much of a ride for me - about 90 seconds!

Saw a load of oriental (japanese?) tourists on the way in today - you can't blame them for wanting to photograph most of york. After all, when I was in Mexico, it was things like the American style trucks, and the rubber trees growing in the streets that I wanted to take pics of, as it was so utterly alien...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Pretty much all of our architecture is unusual and alien to Japanese eyes. We build stuff out of stone and it lasts hundreds of years, they build from wood and it lasts till the next earth tremor. Then it's quick and easy to rebuild and wait for the next one...

I want to go to Japan. It's a bit far for a jersey ride stint though.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
TheDoctor said:
Pretty much all of our architecture is unusual and alien to Japanese eyes. We build stuff out of stone and it lasts hundreds of years, they build from wood and it lasts till the next earth tremor. Then it's quick and easy to rebuild and wait for the next one...

I want to go to Japan. It's a bit far for a jersey ride stint though.

Oh yes, i quite understand it! Went on a coach trip in September with a conference from York, to the Lake District and the chinese lady in the seat in front of me was snapping away at ordinary semidetached houses - of course, in China no doubt, I'd be snapping away at ordinary chinese houses...

Yeah, Japan would be cool Such a complete culture shock, I think....

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Arch
Is there a general plan for circulation along which we can all figure out a little about how and when we'll participate? Start/finish, go North first via XYZ areas, kinda thing...

Just some loose directional structure...or did I miss that bit?

BTW, looking forward to doing my bit, 40-50 mile radius from Abbers OK by me, happy to cycle along with other locals in relay maybe!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fab Foodie said:
Arch
Is there a general plan for circulation along which we can all figure out a little about how and when we'll participate? Start/finish, go North first via XYZ areas, kinda thing...

Just some loose directional structure...or did I miss that bit?

BTW, looking forward to doing my bit, 40-50 mile radius from Abbers OK by me, happy to cycle along with other locals in relay maybe!

As it stands, I believe, there are two jerseys - one is going to McD in Jersey (how suitable!) with the intention of a pick up by User76 at Easter, and has been bagged by TheDoctor for May to go up some hill or other :smile:, and the other may head North. I think it's going to be a case of making it up a bit as we go along - see who's got it, and who is nearby. Wouldn't hurt though, to make tentative links with folk nearby you, so that when it arrives in the area, there's a basic plan in place....

We'll either use this thread, or a freshly started one, and PM's to keep the arrangements going....

Top Bottom