The Great Cyclechat Jersey Relay - Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
All this demigod stuff... Which god, and which half? Top half of Anubis the jackal headed god? or bottom half of Pan, who had the legs of a goat....

Shaun

Founder
TheDoctor said:
@ Admin,
if we all start uploading handover photos, will this have an impact on your servers? I'd hate to take out your earning sites just to display a picture of me in a cafe drinking tea.

If it all gets too much, I'll just remove the Girls In Lycra thread - that should free-up about 2000000GB on the server ... xx(

No, it should be fine. When I had problems with the server recently the company who manages it for me did some tests to try and 'break' it, to help find out what might be wrong. One of tests involved a program that throttles the machine's hardware and software; starting very slowly, it gradually builds up to a point where it mashes the hell out of it - bringing it to an almost stand-still. Result ... server coped fine.

That's not an invitation to try and flog it to death mind you ... :biggrin:

Pete

I'm trying to figure out, if I have a part to play in this, whether it'll fit in with one of my trips to France... could add a bit more dimension. I just realised BTFB probably isn't coming my way on his Euro tour after all, but maybe someone else is? Whatever, the nearest CCer seems to be Will in Geneva, no way am I cycling out there xx(xx(xx(!

Anyway my French ident is centred around here: not sure whether I can have a second flag with my name on it planted on the CC map....can I? :sad:

Bear in mind my limit is around 30 miles, 40 if my back doesn't play up. Most of the distance will be by car or flight :biggrin:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Admin said:
If it all gets too much, I'll just remove the Girls In Lycra thread - that should free-up about 2000000GB on the server ... xx(

No, it should be fine. When I had problems with the server recently the company who manages it for me did some tests to try and 'break' it, to help find out what might be wrong. One of tests involved a program that throttles the machine's hardware and software; starting very slowly, it gradually builds up to a point where it mashes the hell out of it - bringing it to an almost stand-still. Result ... server coped fine.

That's not an invitation to try and flog it to death mind you ... :biggrin:

OK great. The tea? thread (currently around 2500 posts) should be safe then.
If I should bump into you at any point, you've got about 3.75 metric sh1tloads of beer / beverage of choice coming. The forum is going great guns, and we're embarking on the first Official Silly Project. May it be the first of many!:sad::biggrin::biggrin:

Pete said:
I'm trying to figure out, if I have a part to play in this, whether it'll fit in with one of my trips to France... could add a bit more dimension. I just realised BTFB probably isn't coming my way on his Euro tour after all, but maybe someone else is? Whatever, the nearest CCer seems to be Will in Geneva, no way am I cycling out there xx(xx(:biggrin:!

Anyway my French ident is centred around here: not sure whether I can have a second flag with my name on it planted on the CC map....can I? :smile:

Bear in mind my limit is around 30 miles, 40 if my back doesn't play up. Most of the distance will be by car or flight :sad:

Nice area - I have a friend who has a place at Itzac near Albi... End of June / beginning of July maybe... I'll be based just outside Beziers at the 'outlaws' for a couple of weeks...it did cross my mind that BTfB was going to Montpellier at some stage, maybe passing nearby..xx(...also will be toting a van with 6 seats and can hold a lot of bicycles!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Pete said:
Anyway my French ident is centred around here: not sure whether I can have a second flag with my name on it planted on the CC map....can I? :thumbsup:

Alas, you are a little too far south for my planned trip in the summer, which only goes as far as near Limoges...

bonj2

TheDoctor said:
*glees*
I just hope we're not all too disappointed when the super-fit toned cycling demigod turns out to be a slightly overweight greying bloke in his early forties.
*looks in mirror*
*cries*

@ Admin,
if we all start uploading handover photos, will this have an impact on your servers? I'd hate to take out your earning sites just to display a picture of me in a cafe drinking tea.

As far as i'm aware (admin correct me if i'm wrong) but the photos themselves won't actually be getting uploaded to cyclechat's server, only links to them.
They'll be getting uploaded to something like photobucket.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
bonj said:
As far as i'm aware (admin correct me if i'm wrong) but the photos themselves won't actually be getting uploaded to cyclechat's server, only links to them.
They'll be getting uploaded to something like photobucket.

A good point well made, Bonj. I'd forgotten about that.:thumbsup:

postman

Legendary Member
Slightly overweight bloke in his fifties......

This is me...A trip to Knaresborough today.Cyclists very welcome here.Always a warm welcome.

Top Bottom