The Great Cyclechat Jersey Relay - Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Arch said:
I think it's more or less a plan that the jersey is posted to McD in jersey, picked up by User76 and "they're off!"
<snip>
A sort of endless quest for the holy grail.

What does anyone else think?

I don't think so. He's already got one!
[/French accent]
[/Monty Python and the Holy Grail]

I'd just like to re-iterate my plea to have the jersey by May 2nd so I can take it up Ventoux. Anyone else undertaking heroics? Etape, Marmotte, RAAM?

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
TheDoctor said:
I don't think so. He's already got one!
[/French accent]
[/Monty Python and the Holy Grail]

I'd just like to re-iterate my plea to have the jersey by May 2nd so I can take it up Ventoux. Anyone else undertaking heroics? Etape, Marmotte, RAAM?

OK. Perhaps once underway, we can plan it to get to you in good time... And yes, Anyone else with specific targets, perhaps we can see what we can fit in...

Monkey Boy

I can do the handover from / to Noodly....see you at the foot of the Cairn o' Mount!! Anyone further North than Aberdeen?

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
TheDoctor said:
Count me in.;)
*enthusiasm*
IIRC didn't the last Jersey Relay result in a marriage? Was it Chuffy and Baggy, or have I completely lost it?
It was indeed us. Well, we "met" on the C+ forum, but the relay was the first time we actually clapped eyes on each other...:biggrin:

Count us both in for this one. Anywhere around Exeter, but we're also good for chunks of Dorset.

Shaun

Founder
I've just spoken to Endura to ask if I could buy two XL Long Sleeve 'friedly' jerseys for the relay, either at full price, or perhaps a small discount.

Bad news - they wouldn't sell me them

Good news - they're giving me them! ;)

I'll post one to mcd, and set the other one off from here in Hull (maybe heading northwards?).

Once we're ready to go we'll set-up a sticky Relay thread, and a separate discussion thread (linked from the sticky.)

Should be good fun, and it'll make a great read, especially if we can get some photo's of the hand-overs. :smile:

Just the small matter of getting our hands on the jerseys now ... shouldn't be too long! :biggrin:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Admin said:
I've just spoken to Endura to ask if I could buy two XL Long Sleeve 'friedly' jerseys for the relay, either at full price, or perhaps a small discount.

Bad news - they wouldn't sell me them

Good news - they're giving me them! :biggrin:

I'll post one to mcd, and set the other one off from here in Hull (maybe heading northwards?).

Once we're ready to go we'll set-up a sticky Relay thread, and a separate discussion thread (linked from the sticky.)

Should be good fun, and it'll make a great read, especially if we can get some photo's of the hand-overs. :?:

Just the small matter of getting our hands on the jerseys now ... shouldn't be too long! :smile:

Excellent! I hope this is the start of a great venture, and we all make some new frieds along the way!;)

And you know, if it ever makes it as far as a conclusion, it's really very easy to have photobooks made up, print-on-demand, so I hear....

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
*glees*
I just hope we're not all too disappointed when the super-fit toned cycling demigod turns out to be a slightly overweight greying bloke in his early forties.
*looks in mirror*
*cries*

@ Admin,
if we all start uploading handover photos, will this have an impact on your servers? I'd hate to take out your earning sites just to display a picture of me in a cafe drinking tea.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
TheDoctor said:
*glees*
I just hope we're not all too disappointed when the super-fit toned cycling demigod turns out to be a slightly overweight greying bloke in his early forties.
*looks in mirror*
*cries*

@ Admin,
if we all start uploading handover photos, will this have an impact on your servers? I'd hate to take out your earning sites just to display a picture of me in a cafe drinking tea.

I dunno, we're probably only looking at a handover a week, max, I'd have thought - maybe multiple shots per handover, if there's lots of folk, but not as many as one a day I'd suspect.

And watch out. "slightly overweight greying bloke in his early forties" is just the sort of thing I'm looking for...;)

postman

Legendary Member
Three cheers for EDURA came up trumps again.Glad they want to be part of this good idea.Who would have thought it would end up like this .It is brilliant.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Arch said:
I dunno, we're probably only looking at a handover a week, max, I'd have thought - maybe multiple shots per handover, if there's lots of folk, but not as many as one a day I'd suspect.

And watch out. "slightly overweight greying bloke in his early forties" is just the sort of thing I'm looking for...;)

You have suggestive PM containing address, phone number, room number etc of hotel!:biggrin::smile:;):?:

Top Bottom