The Great Cyclechat Jersey Relay - Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Admin Note: The relay has now started, and the journal for hand-overs can be found here.

----------

Right, here's the idea, born over on the Where are you based? thread, and now perhaps deserving of it's own discussion.

Those of us who came from C+ will remember that a C+ jersey did a tour of the country, handed from forummer to forummer. As I remember, and my memory is hazy, it took a long time, but it was fun and a lot of folk met up along the way. Now we have (or will have soon) our own Cyclechat jerseys, it would be cool to repeat the feat.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the reject faulty shirts, but if one was going free, it would be ideal. As big as possible, and not the black one, because it would be nice for everyone taking part to sign the shirt, and so we need as much space as possible to write on (and nothing will show up on black)

My personal feeling is that the shirt should be carried from person to person, rather than worn for the ride (issues of washing/size etc) and that it should all be as relaxed as possible, not too many rules, and including anyone who wants to take part. Obviously, in the case of some, this either means a very long bike ride, or resorting to post. Also, some of us can cover greater distances than others, so we should try and arrange it so that the less fit riders can take part equally. The shirt is just a catalyst for us to become a real world community as much as an online one....

We could have a sticky thread, where people arrange rendezvouses and post pics of meetings and the shirt as it accumulates signatures. Folk who live very close together might opt just to meet up and sign all in one.

At the end of it all, the jersey (jerseys perhaps, if one fills up), could be offered to Admin, as thanks for all his work in setting us up here. If he'd prefer not to have to keep it;), he could raffle it among us, for charity.

Finally, it's been suggested that an image of the signed shirt could act as shirt design for the future.

So what we need really is an idea of who would want to take part, and any suggestions for running things. Perhaps keep dicussion to a minimum here, until we have a decent idea of how many people we are dealing with.

Post away!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Count me in.:wacko:
*enthusiasm*
IIRC didn't the last Jersey Relay result in a marriage? Was it Chuffy and Baggy, or have I completely lost it?

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
TheDoctor said:
Count me in.:wacko:
*enthusiasm*
IIRC didn't the last Jersey Relay result in a marriage? Was it Chuffy and Baggy, or have I completely lost it?

I thought that. My enthusiasm for the project, I must say has no connection to the possibility of finding happy matrimony.

Much...

I'm already married and so not looking for love, although I had many many offers when I posted my picture on here recently (OK maybe that is a slight exaggeration! :wacko::biggrin: )

Anyway, count me in.:biggrin:

Chris James

Über Member
I'd like to join in on a leg if poss.

My wife is due to give birth to our second in a couple of weeks though so hopefully the shirt won't pass this way too soon though!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Chris James said:
I'd like to join in on a leg if poss.
Oh, are we doing the cycling shorts,too :wacko::biggrin:

Count me in

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fab Foodie said:
Slip me in firmly as well please Arch....

:wacko:

I'm sure this is going to be a very long running project, so plenty of time for everyone to get involved....

Top Bottom