The Great Cyclechat Jersey Relay - Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Can everyone who has expressed an interest here please make sure with Auntie Bonj that she's added you to the map?

Is Bonj female?:sad:
You'll be telling me next that Arch is a woman too!:biggrin:

snorri

Legendary Member
Jim said:
Psssst, where is the, erhum, erhum.... Map ?

Go to the 'Where are you based thread?' and click on the Google Map link in the first post on the thread.
If you wish, you can send a pm with your location to bonj and he will put your name on the map.:sad:

Shaun

Founder
I've already asked Endura to sell me one of the friedly jerseys for just a round-trip as this.

Once I get it, I'll let you all know and we'll sort out the first hand-over and take it from there. :sad:

If we know or suspect that we will fill more than one jersey with sigs perhaps we could send two or more jerseys on their travels, the job would get done quicker and we would have more narrative to keep us entertained. Set one off from Cornwall and another from Scotchland perhaps. Or four, from each of the four corners.

mcd

Count me in. Does anyone want to bring the Jersey to Jersey?

Or Jersey could be a start point & I could hand it onto anyone within 50 miles of the Ferry ports at Weymouth/Poole/Portsmouth.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
This is great, I think we're getting somewhere. Until I read the last post, I was thinking it would be good to start with Admin, but if Maggots plan could work out, that would be a great way to get going...

I'm not sure about multiple jerseys, but then I do have a very linear way of thinking, so I favour one jersey doing it all, rather than lots out there at once, like a mindmap. Never did 'get' mindmaps...

I'm thinking that the best way to run it, once going, is that the holder(s) of the jersey post on here to say they have it and how far they can take it, and then folk nearby can arrange meet ups etc - although obviously, ideas are already forming. The map will allow us to see who's likely to be nearest, and also if there are going to be any insurmountable gaps. And I feel we shouldn't try to be too efficient, at the expense of anyone getting their go - so if it has to return to an area because someone was away or working or whatever when it came by, so be it.

It would be great if a log could be kept of the jersey's(s) approximate route, so that it can be drawn on a map later...

levad

Veteran
I might manage a little outing. If Easter doesn,t work for mcd then I am heading for Jersey in August (and coming back again!).

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Of course, if it could be in York for the CTC rally in June, that might be a way for someone coming to the rally to pick it up....

Top Bottom