The Great Escape 2015 - 200km audax - London-Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
The backs of my calves are sunburnt. long sleeves kept my arms safe.

Physically, today my legs are fine but my neck is hurting. I think this is due to riding for long periods in the drops because of the wind.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I didn’t think to put sun cream on at 6am when I left for the ride! Stupidly I didnt think I was burning during the day.
However I am now sporting some very striking cyclist burn marks / lines! Today is painful - I will not be making that mistake again!

I splashed factor 50 all over my mush at 6am.. but forgot about my legs.
And being a ginga I am paying for it now.....

martint235

Dog on a bike
I didn’t think to put sun cream on at 6am when I left for the ride! Stupidly I didnt think I was burning during the day.
However I am now sporting some very striking cyclist burn marks / lines! Today is painful - I will not be making that mistake again!
Were you the rider sans helmet or cap on an all black CdF? I seem to remember you mentioning up thread that you'd be on a CdF and one went past myself and ianrauk as we lazed in a village the name of which completely escapes me.

MichaelO

Veteran
I'm glad I'm not the only one!! The tan/burn line is poking out from the cuffs of my shirt - my gloves clearly soaked up most of the sun!

rb58

Enigma
The backs of my calves are sunburnt. long sleeves kept my arms safe.

Physically, today my legs are fine but my neck is hurting. I think this is due to riding for long periods in the drops because of the wind.
I wore arm warmers all day and my legs don't look like they've seen the sun for years.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Photos are back....

17172717084_a63aca5aee_z.jpg

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Is that Des?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Interesting blog entry @velovoice
I felt a bit guilty as I zoomed (well briskly trundled) past such interesting structures as windmills and the round towered church you featured without stopping for a photo opportunity or to check out any signs or plaques, with one eye on my ride stats. Thanks for redressing the balance.

Top Bottom