The great escape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I always hope that Gordon Jackson doesn't cock it up when he's about to get on the bus. I'm still waiting.

I liked it when, on the run, James Coburn cycles into a bar and has a drink. Some German officers turn up and sit near him. The phone rings and the waiter says (in French) to James Coburn that it's for him: 'Pour moi!' he shouts incredulously before legging it just before the officers are shot.
 

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Location
West Somerset
It's well worth reading the book by Paul Brickhill for a more accurate depiction of the events (most PoWs who wrote about their experiences changed or left out some crucial details in case another war broke out and a new generation of Escape Committees were formed). I also highly recommend the Colditz books by Pat Reid and "the German viewpoint" of the notorious prison camp by Reinhold Eggers, one of the German officers in charge of security at the camp.
 

Noodley

Guest
He has to leg it from his table to get behind the bar, for your information! :tongue:



Nope he walks to the phone, listens to it briefly then ducks behind the bar - then stands up with the 2 bar staff who were also behind the bar once the germans have been shot - for your information, you nobber :angel:
 
If you want to see a war film you must watch "Beneath hill 60"

And if you have never heard of it, please google it.

Will get that for my son, he loves these type of films
 
The two most realistic war films, and realistic I mean the shock and feeling of WTF? Is Black Hawk Down and the opening sequence of Saving Private Ryan (more so in surround sound)
 
Top Bottom