The happy "nothing bad happened on my commute" thread ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Crankarm said:
Uh ....... :rolleyes:?

There were 7 days in the week when I last checked. You work seven days a week .......... No breaks, blimey :biggrin:. Doesn't that fall foul of the working time directive?

I think it's fairly obvious what he means. At least I worked it out without too much difficulty. The 'full 10 times' sort of clinches it.

I work 7 and sometimes 8 days in a row and the way they get round the hours worked in a week is because my week doesn't start on a Sunday or Monday.

J4CKO

I am loving the rain and snow, its great, here we are moaning about it when other countries are in drought, the darkness is superb as well as people get to see my lovely bright lights !

Its very cold at the moment but this means we burn additional calories, with no additional increase in effort !

Sometimes cars come quite close, arent they beautiful and shiny ? when they pull out it gives me an opportunity to feel the excellent stopping power from my Hydraulic brakes. Some local Scallywags noticed me and shouted "self-gratification artist" at me, the cheeky scamps, I think this is to do with Masturbation, I wasnt partaking at the time as it would be very difficult (possible on a recumbent I imagine though) but it was an astute observation and kind of them to think that at nearly 40 I still have the energy to still bash one out after cycling some considerable distance !

There are a lot of nice new holes in the road surface as well, just when my commute starts to get boring the council have new obstacles engineered to keep the excitement up and renew the challenge in spotting the crevices in the road.

Actually, I do love it really !

Coco

Had a wonderful commute on Monday.
Had lots of conf calls in my diary from early on so only had 45 minutes to get from home to office and get a shower. Just about to enter the big park I go through and spotted a new snack bar (the 2nd to open up on my route in recent weeks) Grabbed a bacon roll and a cup of tea and cycled into the park. Sat with my breakfast by the side of the Clyde watching the rowers and listening to someone witter away on my mobile.

Great start to the day and a lot less stressful than trying to commute between calls.

Arch

Married to Night Train
J4CKO said:
I think this is to do with Masturbation, I wasnt partaking at the time as it would be very difficult (possible on a recumbent I imagine though)

I suppose it's just another of the advantages...

No, I haven't, how dare you ask!;)

thomas

the tank engine
skrx said:
I get a wave from a driver of the 430 bus most evenings. He's often waiting at the top of the hill for someone to let him squeeze past the parked cars, and I usually stop (which stops any cars behind me) to let him come down.

(I'm half being polite, and half in need of a rest before going up the hill!)

haha, the amount of times I've wished for a red light so I can catch my breath and have a bit of a scratch ;);)

mangaman

Hi Shaun - nothing bad happened on my commute today.

Hope that helps ;)

One downside is I did walk in, but still nothing bad happened.

jimboalee

hackbike 666 said:
Four buses have let me out at various times on my commute today...It must be a full moon or something.

The kind operators of the 777 from Atherstone to B'ham Airport allowed me to take my bike aboard.

It's so much better sitting on a bus with a cloth cleaning a bike than struggling up Merevale Hill.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
had another great commute this morning. Plenty of scalping and being scalped on the A21, but it was all done in a very jocular way as most of us see each other most days...

Norm

Lovely commute - did I mention it was my first? :biggrin: Very smug at the moment.

I was out just before dawn (she was running late :sad: ) and cover about 3 miles along the river. A climb through Taplow to Cliveden followed by a mile or three through Burnham Beeches. Nasty roundabout crossing the M40 at junction 2 then another climb through Jordans (I had to write that, just for the imagery) and Chalfont St Giles (inevitable with that many miles under the tyres :tired: ) then skirt round Amersham with another couple of tricky climbs and into work.

No records were hurt in the making of this commute. 20 miles, 1000ft of climbing and just under 2 hours but it's a set an opener for the rest of the year.
th_Commute.jpg

Cab

I would like to tell you all about all of the amazing and interesting things that happened on my entirely flat commuting route today. Unfortunately I'd have to lie through my teeth, because the most exciting thing that happened was that after I'd left the house I had to go back in to close the bathroom window.

Entirely, totally, uneventful :biggrin:

Top Bottom