The happy "nothing bad happened on my commute" thread ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dudi

Lovely commute this morning.
First time this year i have actually been warm!
Took my rain jacket off half way round and was cycling in short sleve jersey and arm warmers... oh, and tights - of course...

Proper bo. roll on spring!!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
The 'Sony' doubledecker that runs from the Station to the big Sony offices on the outskirts of Basingstoke let me through where the road has been narrowed by parked cars, even though technically it was his priority.

I see these buses every day and the drivers have always treated me with respect. I should find out who runs them and send a tip o' the hat.

Shaun, you could franchise out the 'nothing bad happened...' thread topic to other fora. I'd suggest the CTC Charity thread for starters.

dudi

Last night's commute was nice too

left work early, had a tail wind for once and the missus was already half way through cooking dinner when I got in.

Cab

Nothing of any note happened on my commute today. I guess if I were commuting anywhere but Cambridge the presence of approximately 50 cyclists in a slow moving peloton in front of me as I turned a corner in to the city centre would be noteworthy, but not here, not at quarter to nine in the morning.

Its interesting riding in that kind of thing. The normal standards for leaving space don't seem to apply; if you do so, theres another cyclist in that space so theres not a lot of point.

But ultimately thats not eventful for Cambridge.

One or two of the motorists there clearly weren't locals, they seemed absolutely terrified. I suppose if you're not used to that, its probably un-nerving :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
BrumJim said:
Got a smile from a lady cyclist as I pulled up to the lights last night. Then as the lights turned green, she told me to go ahead as she wasn't very quick.

Lovely bit of commuting cyclist interaction.

Do you have a nice bottom? Maybe you've pulled!:sad:

Got out of work early yesterday, rode home completely in the light. Another week and I reckon I'll be doing the same at normal going home time.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I've been enjoying the new B&M front light and SON dynamo hub I've put on my 'bent.

On Tuesday, I rode alongside a barn owl hunting over the roadside ditch for about 200 yards.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Phil said:
I've been enjoying the new B&M front light and SON dynamo hub I've put on my 'bent.

On Tuesday, I rode alongside a barn owl hunting over the roadside ditch for about 200 yards.

...until blinded by your new light, it flew into a tree trunk....:sad:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Had a lovely ride in this morning with long sections of side-road / path still white from last night's brief snow flurry. The low temp had made it all lovely and crunchy, so riding along I was making a rather fabby noise.

Not only that, but the council have been round and dropped some tar into the multitude of new potholes that appeared during the long cold snap, so I wasn't having to swerve around all over the place do avoid dropping into them. Result!

It was truly luvverly all the way.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Arch said:
Do you have a nice bottom? Maybe you've pulled!:sad:

My wife thinks so, anyway. Makes up for the dire personality and ugly visage.

No - she wouldn't have seen my bottom until I left her standing at the lights - she got there first.

johnsie

Nice wave and toot from WVM this morning as I eased off on one of the single track lanes on my commute to let him/her past.

No ice at roadside either.

And the heavy mist/fog made most of the other traffic invisible, making the journey pleasantly surreal.

knonist

I'm pretty much back in shape after resting for the 6 week x'mas holdiay.
I think I actually cycle faster than I used to be as my journey seemed to be "shorter".

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
knonist said:
I'm pretty much back in shape after resting for the 6 week x'mas holdiay.
I think I actually cycle faster than I used to be as my journey seemed to be "shorter".

Nice one ... :biggrin:

skrx

I get a wave from a driver of the 430 bus most evenings. He's often waiting at the top of the hill for someone to let him squeeze past the parked cars, and I usually stop (which stops any cars behind me) to let him come down.

(I'm half being polite, and half in need of a rest before going up the hill!)

Crankarm

Guru
hambones said:
I have been commuting 6-8 times a week since May 08 and the full 10 times since selling my car this Christmas and I have never had a bad commute! :smile:

I think there may have been a close overtake once? Ah, you said not even a HINT - well, it wasn't close close... :biggrin:

Uh ....... :rolleyes:?

There were 7 days in the week when I last checked. You work seven days a week .......... No breaks, blimey :sad:. Doesn't that fall foul of the working time directive?

Top Bottom