The heat and work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
That ain't much of a break.
Cooler conditions when you took your breaks?

i should add that was an extra break to give you oppotunity to get water but not enough time to get anything else on top of 2 10 min breaks and 30 mins lunch time in a cooler area , trouble is half the people just kept building to bve out on the buzzer so you couldnt stop

classic33

Leg End Member
i should add that was an extra break to give you oppotunity to get water but not enough time to get anything else on top of 2 10 min breaks and 30 mins lunch time in a cooler area , trouble is half the people just kept building to bve out on the buzzer so you couldnt stop
They might be a bit slower today. And a bit more willing to take the breaks.

It's hot work with limited movement, where one of the byproducts is extra heat. Made worse if the ventilation is poor or nonexistent.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Pikes and Sharks, I know !!! :laugh:

Took it easy on the ride in, didn't push and span away down the canal. Still got to work in 56 minutes which is quick :crazy:

The roads that I saw looked quiet. At least the office is lovely and cool (not A/c but has a fancy bore hole system). Just two of us in the office - we must has 'missed the message' - there wasn't one but folk have decided not to go in as they were given a choice = many use public transport, so that's probably the reason.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
They might be a bit slower today. And a bit more willing to take the breaks.

It's hot work with limited movement, where one of the byproducts is extra heat. Made worse if the ventilation is poor or nonexistent.

yeah those online get big fans blowing on them but logistics who sequence the parts dont really get anything , yup we actually lift as much as they do

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm about to enter the Furnace of Doom for the ride home. I've got a tail wind so should be able to ease off and not overheat. Otherwise I'll be dangling my feet in the canal and hoping the sharks/pikes/piranhas don't take a nibble. :laugh: Although, looking at a fair portion of the canal, it been covered in green algae recently.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I'm about to enter the Furnace of Doom for the ride home. I've got a tail wind so should be able to ease off and not overheat. Otherwise I'll be dangling my feet in the canal and hoping the sharks/pikes/piranhas don't take a nibble. :laugh: Although, looking at a fair portion of the canal, it been covered in green algae recently.

I noticed that in a canal near Preston last week - couldn't see the water at all for algae. Phosphate bloom?

I noticed that in a canal near Preston last week - couldn't see the water at all for algae. Phosphate bloom?

If it's the Lancaster Canal you're talking about, it's a water fern called Azolla. It's an invasive species from the Americas introduced by those wonderful innovators, the Victorians, You can read about it - and means of control - here: https://www.invasive-species.org/species/azolla/
Fortunately it's not toxic in any way but that's about all that can be said of it ... the CRT have already put weevils onto it but it's growing too fast for them so they're awaiting delivery of a 'thing' that will pull it out of the water. It apparently can double its mass within 3 - 4 days and I believe it, it is making hillocks on the water. I think it's done the swans and ducks a bit of a favour though as Mr Fox creeps out to them at night, steps on what he thinks is 'ground' and SPLASH ...

DRHysted

Guru
Not a pleasant week to be honest. Monday wasn’t as bad as I was expecting even though I was drumming product that was 68C, so it was like working next a heater. Tuesday was terrible but I was drumming a slow product which took 45 minutes an IBC or 35 per pallet of drums, so could nipe across to the restroom for a drink (due to chemicals food and drink can only be consumed in the restroom). The warehouse didn’t start cooling until this afternoon. I was so grateful to remove the overalls for the last time tonight, really pity the poor soul who deals with them at the cleaners. I only wore underwear underneath, and was sweating all week, only the flow rate of sweat altered!

Top Bottom