The heat and work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Not looking forward to today to be honest as I'm sitting here having a coffee at home.I have to work outside in all weather's and seem to tolerate the heat less now I'm getting older.
The factory workers however will endure it alot worse though, as it gets extremely hot in there especially in the bakery department.i can imagine there will be alot of people not showing up for work today to avoid the predicated high temperatures.
It will be a day of doing the bare basics just to keep things going untill it cools down abit

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
I have been working in a temperature-controlled art store all day, coming out was like walking into an oven.

Last edited:

Julia9054

Guru
Management have decided to shut school and teach online tomorrow due to the heat (announced just now)
I am therefore spending this evening re planning my lessons so they can be taught remotely.
I wonder how many pupils will log on?

Julia9054

Guru
What makes them assume homes will be cooler than classrooms and how do they expect parents to suddenly get time off?

Secondary school so most will be fine at home without a parent.
We will have staff in school for those who's parents don't want to leave them by themselves.
Lots were absent today - presumably sanctioned by their parents

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
My office was bliss….window wide open, fan on and a cool breeze coming from the 8mph wind. Was still 35* outside though

winjim

Smash the cistern
Management have decided to shut school and teach online tomorrow due to the heat (announced just now)
I am therefore spending this evening re planning my lessons so they can be taught remotely.
I wonder how many pupils will log on?

We're thinking about whether to keep the 6yo off today. Apparently she was in a bit of a state when her mother picked her up today. The school sent some really ambiguously worded letter out which sort of implied it would be fine to keep her off, but didn't straight up say it.

My bosses bought us all an ice cream so I'm fine.

classic33

Leg End Member
I was dripping with sweat just walking about let alone working.we are getting a 5 min water break every hour
That ain't much of a break.
Cooler conditions when you took your breaks?

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
I shall ride in the morning. Looking like trains and trams are getting cancelled. If I'm too hot I'll dangle my feet in the canal.

1658177075821.jpeg

Gillstay

Über Member
Felling tomorrow, so chainsaw trousers, hard hat gloves, big boots, plus carrying around, first aid kit, felling lever wedges, hammer and chainsaw. Then when we get sweaty all the blasted horsefly's will turn up. I love spring.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I wonder if I can create an excuse to visit the Cold Store on Felixstowe Port tomorrow where it will be about 4°C in the chill room and -18°C in the freezer room. Just need ear defenders due to the noise created by the chillers.

Top Bottom